Technology Solution

Cessnaflyer

Wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
augmented reality would be great. adsb input should display traffic on a hud/glasses that show distance and rate of closure. idk how else you can fit more airplanes onto the same piece of pavement without more accurate separation info directly to the people that can change it.
It already failed.

hammerhat

Autotaxi, I want Autotaxi.

We have technology that navigates to IAF, flies procedure turns, descends to minimums and then lands the plane regardless of winds, density altitude, temperature etc. We also have tech that performs parallel parking, recognizes street signs and pavement marking on a highway and avoids pedestrians.

But no tech today can make right and left turns on the airport surface.

z987k

Autotaxi, I want Autotaxi.

We have technology that navigates to IAF, flies procedure turns, descends to minimums and then lands the plane regardless of winds, density altitude, temperature etc. We also have tech that performs parallel parking, recognizes street signs and pavement marking on a highway and avoids pedestrians.

But no tech today can make right and left turns on the airport surface.
Someone isn't very familiar with their auto land limitations.

hammerhat

Someone isn't very familiar with their auto land limitations.
Ah yes, thanks for that valuable remark! Silly me also forgot to mention how with all that fancy technology one may not even make it to the IAF in a venerable 172 when the freezing rain is bad enough. But with all that relevant information my point still stands, I want autotaxi.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun
Ah yes, thanks for that valuable remark! Silly me also forgot to mention how with all that fancy technology one may not even make it to the IAF in a venerable 172 when the freezing rain is bad enough. But with all that relevant information my point still stands, I want autotaxi.
Y tho?