• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

TA Reached for Atlas/Polar Dispatchers

A-9er

To clarify, I have not been issued any LOI's. However, they do exist and the Feds can issue one to you. You are absolutely correct that having union backing to defend you is huge in this and other regards, which is why having one in this business is so important.
Yeah, I can see why; that makes sense.

QXSOUP

Because the ops center is being moved to CVG. Now we are stuck with a contract for another FOUR years. But it's ok though, the super senior guys got exactly what they wanted.

nyk

Because the ops center is being moved to CVG. Now we are stuck with a contract for another FOUR years. But it's ok though, the super senior guys got exactly what they wanted.
60k is plenty to live on in NKY if your pay didn't change. The salary the SAI guys have is not bad either.

QXSOUP

I wouldn't consider 45k a year "not bad". It's terrible for heavy intl dispatching. The southern guys are getting a big ass raise when we eventually merge.

CPZ9900

I wouldn't consider 45k a year "not bad". It's terrible for heavy intl dispatching. The southern guys are getting a big ass raise when we eventually merge.
It's also not a major airline, or even close. So not sure why anyone should expect to be paid like one.

A320guy

It's also not a major airline, or even close. So not sure why anyone should expect to be paid like one.
New contract signed starting 30 and top off 15yrs 63 an hr. Thats basically the same contract as Hawaiian and Alaskan if I'm correct with half the cost of living in Cincinnati

I was with Southern when they relocated from Connecticut/Greater NYC area to CVG. For the record - the people that came along from the northeast liked living in the area.

Northern Kentucky is a bit of a snoozy place unless you live in Newport/Covington. I loved Cincinnati. Great town - a lot of revitalization and new investment. Lots to do and revisit. My wife and I occasionally mention how we miss it there. That may have something to do with the fact we live in ATL now, but nonetheless we found it enjoyable.

Mainline_or_bust

Two days before, the day after tomorrow
I mean a fleet of 100 aircraft and a multi-billion dollar company isn't exactly a regional. Plus it's cargo where the profit margins are larger than passenger. The size of the planes, the difficulty of the routes, the job itself is as difficult as anywhere. It's a combination of everything that makes this contract extension possible.