Swayne coming to a 121 near you

ppragman

Direct Yeska
I just randomly stumbled on an article from him and I realized it was the same guy as in this thread.

He seems like an alright kid.

Are you guys ok? Have we really become this bitter that we have to absolutely despise anyone who stands out?

Seriously, I have my unhappy moments—like when I look at my credit card bill and despair, or when my boyfriend left me after ten years, or when the love of my life died ten and a half years ago... but overall, I look out and I see the world and it's like "Hell yeah, this is cool." and I take selfies, and I talk to strangers about my job, and I explain how things work to people so that they're less nervous, and I have no problem talking about my job.

I'm proud of what I do and, while pretty much anyone with normal aptitudes can be trained to do this job, most people aren't and I am. I'd feel the same way if I was a train engineer or worked on ship engines, or if I was an accountant for a large company, or if I worked a combine all day long, or was a teacher or nuclear engineer.

My company has a social media policy, and I'm always cognizant of it when I post my pictures. I also am careful to never frame things in a negative light, or do anything that would reflect badly on my company or their partners.

But with that said, a lot of you guys sound cattier than the cattiest flight attendants.

-Fox
It’s always been this way - flying is the “cool kids club.”

Beep

I would imagine that most people who would make fun of, or trash talk someone before meeting them would change their mind about it after getting to know them.

I have a face made for radio, so I wouldn’t put myself out there like he does, but I don’t get jealous that he’s doing it. I wish him all the success in life that he is after, and I look forward to working with him.

Our pilot contract states no sim session, pre brief, or debrief between the hours (inclusive) 1am to 5am. I don’t think there’s any positive learning in your WOCL.

I would imagine that most people who would make fun of, or trash talk someone before meeting them would change their mind about it after getting to know them.

I have a face made for radio, so I wouldn’t put myself out there like he does, but I don’t get jealous that he’s doing it. I wish him all the success in life that he is after, and I look forward to working with him.

Most people I see on TV when they talk are full of uh, um, ah, etc. watching this kid speak, it’s pretty eloquent. He doesn’t do any of that. He does seem to have a natural talent for being on camera.

Our pilot contract states no sim session, pre brief, or debrief between the hours (inclusive) 1am to 5am. I don’t think there’s any positive learning in your WOCL.

Most people I see on TV when they talk are full of uh, um, ah, etc. watching this kid speak, it’s pretty eloquent. He doesn’t do any of that. He does seem to have a natural talent for being on camera.
Multi takes and editing maybe?

GypsyPilot

I'd prefer 8-2am sim over 4 or 6 am sim any day of the week. I don't know why people knock it. Everyone has their own cup of tea.
Agreed. I’ve done the 8-2 sim plenty of times and don’t mind it. At least you’re able to sleep with that schedule. A 4 am start though? That’s asking for an eventual sleep deprivation issue. Not many people can fall asleep at 7 pm for a 3 am wake up.

EAD

Agreed. I’ve done the 8-2 sim plenty of times and don’t mind it. At least you’re able to sleep with that schedule. A 4 am start though? That’s asking for an eventual sleep deprivation issue. Not many people can fall asleep at 7 pm for a 3 am wake up.
Had the 4am sim slot myself during training. We would brief the next day's lesson after our sim session ended instead. Turned a 3am wake-up into a 5am one instead.

poser765

I run kind of opposite. My absolute least favorite slot is the 1000-1400. I would much rather roll out of bed at three than have to work through lunch.

SFCC/UND

When I upgraded at my old regional I had the 12am till 4am. It sucked, nothing but reading qrh for 2 hours for the other guy. Then hop in the captain seat and then try flying.

cmhumphr

Nice video and great enthusiasm on his part. I'm not sure why some guys say, "we will see if he's still smiling in a year". Why can't the guy just enjoy what he does and his life? Everything in life is amazing with some suck to it, and professional flying is nothing different from that. It's been said over and over again that regional airline flying is what you make of it. So if being an airline pilot blogger makes him happy, then good on you man.

Last edited:
Nice video and great enthusiasm on his part. I'm not sure why some guys say, "we will see if he's still smiling in a year". Why can't the guy just enjoy what he does and his life? Everything in life is amazing with some suck to it, and professional flying is nothing different from that. It's been said over and over again that regional airline flying is what you make of it. So if being an airline pilot blogger makes him happy, then good on you man.
Welcome back!