SWA ADX Jan 2019

DispatchDan

When you mention filling out the application the first day... Are applicants going to be expected to know their whole 10 year work/address/record history on test day as well? If so, that would involve some prep to get the dates right.
Whenever going to a major company, even if it's meet-and-greet but especially if it's for a test or an interview you should always have a few copies if your resume, cover letter, 3-5 references with a their contact info, and your work history. Also, in aviation industry you should already have a your work and place of residence 10year history record, that will be required by all major airlines so you should have it ready at all times, don't wait till you have to apply or get an invite to an interview. That's just how I look at it, because even if some companies don't ask for it on their application or after an interview, they will require that after they give you a "conditional" job offer.

ADXnewbie

Please, anyone going to an interview at a Major not wearing a suit and eventually getting the job lets us all know. With 900+ applicants per job opening nowadays, not wanting to look your best/professional the first time they meet you is really like not wanting the position at all.

Rewind

Please, anyone going to an interview at a Major not wearing a suit and eventually getting the job lets us all know. With 900+ applicants per job opening nowadays, not wanting to look your best/professional the first time they meet you is really like not wanting the position at all.
Why? It helped me 0% last time. Not one bit...

RocketMan22

I was hired by Southwest in the last group. I wore a nice buttoned down shirt and khakis. There was a combination of people wearing suits and people wearing business casual. As you all may know Southwest is very laid back and they won't judge you for not wearing a suit and it definitely doesn't give you a leg up over others. They are looking for people that have the knowledge and personality to dispatch for them. Based on my experience the test is proctored only by the recruiters and you will not meet anyone from the Dispatch department. You essentially fly in, take the test, and then fly home. I did not get finger printed until the face to face interview with the Dispatch managers. I would recommend waiting on wearing a suit and tie until you meet with the hire ups and even then they will want you to feel comfortable by allowing you take off your jacket and tie. As manniax has said you do not have to go to the extremes especially just for a test.

F9DXER

You don't have to act the part, just look it. :)

Like a release, it has to look legal (insert Marvin the Martian sound bite).

jetstream7104

Does anyone think there is possibly a second round of testing invites coming out or are my hopes in vain?

Still at received submission.
Don’t know about a second round of testing invites for this time.
But word around the office is we will be looking to hire another class later this year.

CRJ200NEO

How did testing go for everyone today? I was in the later group. Seemed like fairly stiff competition. I did pretty well I think. Sure wish I had a few of those questions back though!
Good luck everyone.

I was hired by Southwest in the last group. I wore a nice buttoned down shirt and khakis. There was a combination of people wearing suits and people wearing business casual. As you all may know Southwest is very laid back and they won't judge you for not wearing a suit and it definitely doesn't give you a leg up over others. They are looking for people that have the knowledge and personality to dispatch for them. Based on my experience the test is proctored only by the recruiters and you will not meet anyone from the Dispatch department. You essentially fly in, take the test, and then fly home. I did not get finger printed until the face to face interview with the Dispatch managers. I would recommend waiting on wearing a suit and tie until you meet with the hire ups and even then they will want you to feel comfortable by allowing you take off your jacket and tie. As manniax has said you do not have to go to the extremes especially just for a test.
For decades now, I've been keeping notes for an upcoming book on why very poor people and very rich people often act in very similar ways for very similar reasons deriving from extremely different starting points.

Dress for yourself. With respect for others, dress in whatever fashion makes makes you feel good about yourself and brings out your barbaric yawp.

Dress like this... v v ...You can be a CEO.

Tricks are for kids. Suits are for slaves, weddings and funerals.

Last edited:

CRJ200NEO

Any updates since the tests? Been quiet on the Southwest front.
They sent phone interview invitations about a week after testing. As far as i know, all the phone interviews were on the 19th and 20th. Currently waiting for f2f invites to go out.

stunnershow

They sent phone interview invitations about a week after testing. As far as i know, all the phone interviews were on the 19th and 20th. Currently waiting for f2f invites to go out.
I was told face to face interviews start on March 6. Good luck to everyone

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk