SWA ADX Jan 2019

Nakruh01

Well here's hoping, I applied 2 minutes after the job posted and no TBNT so far. Hard to stay optimistic though.

SteamgaugeDXer

I’ve heard rumors it takes about 2 weeks for external invites to go out. I’ve also heard the test is a power test (more questions than time allotted) Questions range from dispatch 101, airport codes, weather, and just random scenarios. I have not taken the test myself but I know several who have and a few that have been hired.

Avolar

Southwest just updated a new portal for internals on checking their status on jobs. Last time I checked mine said Received Submission 1/17/2019.
As long as you do not see "Closed Complete" you are still good. Not sure if the external website has been changed yet.

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
Southwest just updated a new portal for internals on checking their status on jobs. Last time I checked mine said Received Submission 1/17/2019.
As long as you do not see "Closed Complete" you are still good. Not sure if the external website has been changed yet.
Reads like a similar format to jetBlue's received/considering/closed status for externals.

jetstream7104

.....I’ve also heard the test is a power test (more questions than time allotted) Questions range from dispatch 101, airport codes, weather, and just random scenarios. I have not taken the test myself but I know several who have and a few that have been hired.
The types of questions mentioned is a pretty fair assessment.

A few years ago we had 1.5 hours for about 50 or so questions. Probably 10 of those were questions about reading enroute charts and approach plates. Plenty of time to get everything answered. It’s a combination of multiple choice, fill in the blank and short answer. Just make sure to READ the question carefully to make sure you understand what is being asked. If you’re not sure, skip it, move along and circle back to it later.

derriko

The types of questions mentioned is a pretty fair assessment.

A few years ago we had 1.5 hours for about 50 or so questions. Probably 10 of those were questions about reading enroute charts and approach plates. Plenty of time to get everything answered. It’s a combination of multiple choice, fill in the blank and short answer. Just make sure to READ the question carefully to make sure you understand what is being asked. If you’re not sure, skip it, move along and circle back to it later.
Thats it. Quite easy for anyone with a little bit of experience (no, im not hating on internal applicants...a sign of a good company is promoting from within for MOST jobs)

Also: im still at received submission.

manniax

Well-met in the Ka-tet
External applicant and just got a test date for Feb 8th. Anyone know if the tests are business attire?
You don't interview at all on test day, just fill out an application and take the test. So, while I wouldn't wear shorts and a t-shirt or anything, I don't think you need to wear a suit either. Business casual should be fine.