SWA ADX Jan 2019

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
I'm on my phone so I cant copy pasta from LinkedIn, but a SWA Assistant Dispatcher posting should go live in the next few days. This according to a LinkedIn post by SWA's NOC International Programs Manager.

Good luck to all who apply.

Edit: Now on a regular computer: It's that time again. Southwest Airlines will be hiring Assistant Dispatchers! If you are interested in joining a great team, get those resumes ready and submit them as soon as the posting comes out. Expect the posting to come out within the next few days.

Link to announcement - not a link to the job application

Last edited:

Avolar

Have not heard anything yet. Posting closes at end of week so most likely we will start seeing emails after a week.

crjdxr

Whale watching over SCUPP
Man alive! SWA doesn't play around! That posting was live for what, two days?

Flagship_dxer

Legacy Airline Dispatcher
They used to have an application cap. They would post in the morning, 2-3 hours later it would be full and close down.
From what I had heard at the time, the application cap allowed a lot of non qualified apps to be sent in but not enough qualified apps.

I remember when these SWA hiring threads would in the first day have multiple pages of posts. This time it took three days get the first response.

Shock-Diamonds

Seems like a joke that if they are looking for up to 20 people, the posting was available for about 5 minutes. Sorry to all the working dispatchers who were waiting to clock out so they could apply.

948Heavy

Seems like a joke that if they are looking for up to 20 people, the posting was available for about 5 minutes. Sorry to all the working dispatchers who were waiting to clock out so they could apply.
They posted it at around 6pm EST and I applied at around 5am some 11 hours later. I didn’t go back after to see when it came down.

IceAndJetA

Y'all know that none of these posts REALLY receive thousands of apps right? It's more like maybe 500-600...but non the less for only 10 (external) positions it might as well be thousands. And no update...my status still says "Received Submission"

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

nolayup

Just checked my status tonight and says “closed complete” changed from “ submission receive” assuming this means not selected?