SWA 737s to get a new look...

stultus

I figured this meant they'd get rid of the horrible color scheme...oh, well...at least the winglets look cool.

cointyro

stultus, that is what I thought too. Does anyone actually LIKE their color scheme? I mean, I know it doesn't matter at all... but I just don't find their jets' appearance appealing or "neat".

TrinidadGT20

Vice President of Awesome
I can't stand the Orange (puke!) color scheme. The blue is a little bit better. Red, white, and blue if you ask me!

Yeah for my 250th post!

IT_Pilot

I always liked jets with bright colors. Better than just variations on white.
It also makes them so easy to pick out from the ground.

Boltonpilot

Yeah, I hate the orange color that looks more like a rotting circus corn dog. The new blue color makes the jets look like flying beach balls. The new colors are not that bad, but I think that the most attractive airline colors are Delta's new colors and America West's scheme.

aloft

[ QUOTE ]
Does anyone actually LIKE their color scheme?

[/ QUOTE ]

I like it better than Delta's "Russian Beach Blanket".

A320_DUDE

[ QUOTE ]
stultus, that is what I thought too. Does anyone actually LIKE their color scheme? I mean, I know it doesn't matter at all... but I just don't find their jets' appearance appealing or "neat".

[/ QUOTE ]

What can I say....it's something different. Although it was pretty cool to look up at the skies at 11pm at night and say "there goes one of ours!"

Skinnah

It's not so much about the colors as it is about brand recognition. The colors are a powerful form of Brand Identity, and I must say, very successful too. What do you think of when you think of UPS (brown), FedEx (orange & purple; of course they are adding more colors which are also successful), United Airlines(grey & blue), etc.....
It is all about marketing.

junior
(graphic designer - future airline pilot)

juskl

They may be ugly, but that airline is the only one turning a profit and the only one not giving pilots walking papers.....Yellow on....

ready2fly

Actually, I believe JetBlue, FedEx and UPS - to name a few - also turned healthy profits, did not furlough pilots and continued operating in the black..... I could be wrong though.

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
The sharpest looking paint job ever was the most recent TWA livery. Designed by a TWA pilot, by the way. (Gee, a pilot knowing what looks good on a airplane.........)