Sun Country....What a shame.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
I keep seeing ads about how they're expanding their operations with European and Caribbean (I think) flying. Says they will double their pilots. I always thought they were more of a charter service, rather than scheduled.
They go places in the winter that many minnesotans want to go. Thats the bread and butter. I think I actually saw flgihts to honolulu.....

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
As much as I’d like to agree with this statement they probably won’t be. Look at Allegiant, Spirit, or Frontier. Folks still flock to them when they see a good deal. Places like this stay afloat because people in general like cheap stuff.
Frontier's stayed alive thanks to Republic/Midwest I had thought? My memory isn't quite what it was, and a ton of other small companies all but vanished since 2006/2007. Sorry if I'm talking nonsense.

phill1174

Frontier's stayed alive thanks to Republic/Midwest I had thought? My memory isn't quite what it was, and a ton of other small companies all but vanished since 2006/2007. Sorry if I'm talking nonsense.
Back then yep that’s what I remember. I’m talking about the present though. Frontier has good people there but they’re constantly delayed and not like 30mins or an hour either. Yet people still buy tickets whenever they see them having a deal. But I never remember them stranding a plane full of pax though. I’m surprised sun country would do something like this but I guess it isn’t the Minneapolis hometown airline anymore.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
I haven't flown Frontier yet, but just because they haven't had a direct flight to anywhere I'm going from KISP. I will gladly deal with the hell that is Frontier to fly out of Islip over the hell that is LGA of JFK.

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
Frontier gave United a legitimate run for their money out of DEN in the early aughts, remember Ted? F9 had Seatback IFE, craft beers, and cheap fares. Then 2008 caught up to them.

Inverted

#inspirationing
I don’t often say this, and I don’t wish hardship on any employee that works there, but I look forward to the press release of them ceasing flight operations. I don’t care what the fine print says, you don’t do that to people.

Apophis

Resident Iconoclast
I don’t often say this, and I don’t wish hardship on any employee that works there, but I look forward to the press release of them ceasing flight operations. I don’t care what the fine print says, you don’t do that to people.
That's how I felt when the blimp company I used to fly for finally ceased operations.

I don't think I had ever been that aroused before. Or since.