Sun Country....What a shame.

mrivc211

I agree with you. This pretty much confirms that you either have to be a full fledged operation with boat loads of money backing you or you won't succeed. And it applies to every level of aviation from the flight schools up to airlines. The small guy simply can't compete.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
I agree with you. This pretty much confirms that you either have to be a full fledged operation with boat loads of money backing you or you won't succeed. And it applies to every level of aviation from the flight schools up to airlines. The small guy simply can't compete.
I get that they are small and might not have an aircraft to come get you but to make the pax find their own way and then "we'll pay you back"..... The airline should be doing the rebooking and paying....

So many options out of MSP but there is one less for me now.

Damn shame the turd-bag operation this has become.

http://www.startribune.com/sun-country-passengers-abandoned-in-mexico-due-to-snow/479814983/

End of Season for Mexico. "Sorry we cant get you home. Find your own way"
You have got to be kidding?! I don't even know what to say.

In a related story, it's been bad up here. DAL cancelled everything through MKE today. Which was a tad strange as most everyone else was making it in and out. Then again, MSP, ATL, and DTW all seemed to be groaning.

Last edited:

gotWXdagain

Highly Visible Member
I get that they are small and might not have an aircraft to come get you but to make the pax find their own way and then "we'll pay you back"..... The airline should be doing the rebooking and paying....

You would think they’d have some sort of interline agreements for that.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
"If there's not a flight out, there's not a flight out."

Wow, not a statement I'd expect a CEO to make to his customers.
I know right...."Sorry we have other pax that have scheduled flights. Far more disruptive....."

If there's not a flight, rebook all your pax on a different airline and pay for it. Don't amke them do it......

Silly CEO, Trix are for kids. Assuming a 100% load factor, even if they had to eat $800 per Pax to put 'em on someone else's airplane, they'd only be out ~$100,000.
What? they need that $100K to spend on advertising? the CEO's new BMW? The loss of goodwill will cost 'em at least 10x that.

azmedic

PHX-MSP flight air returned yesterday and pax were also just told to call the 800 number. TUS-MSP cancelled as well and they were told it was also the last flight of the "season" and they were SOL. What a PR nightmare.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
I know right...."Sorry we have other pax that have scheduled flights. Far more disruptive....."

If there's not a flight, rebook all your pax on a different airline and pay for it. Don't amke them do it......
Especially when we all know last minute tickets are expensive and I'm sure a Sun Country fare is rather cheap. I guess if you don't care, you don't care.

JEP

Malko In Charge
Staff member
Especially when we all know last minute tickets are expensive and I'm sure a Sun Country fare is rather cheap. I guess if you don't care, you don't care.
They were always a good alternative but they moved to a Spirit like model to try and survive....That was the start of their downfall imho. They have a large Mexico/vegas following here in MSP. But why on earth would someone take them again if they thought they could get stranded....? Scratched from my list for sure. Sucks as Terminal 2 is a nice reprieve from the main terminal.

mrivc211

That’s probably the mentality of the bad mgmt. it’s tainted.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
They were always a good alternative but they moved to a Spirit like model to try and survive....That was the start of their downfall imho. They have a large Mexico/vegas following here in MSP. But why on earth would someone take them again if they thought they could get stranded....? Scratched from my list for sure. Sucks as Terminal 2 is a nice reprieve from the main terminal.
I keep seeing ads about how they're expanding their operations with European and Caribbean (I think) flying. Says they will double their pilots. I always thought they were more of a charter service, rather than scheduled.