• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Stuck in Rodchester

A1TAPE

I think I read about it in the archives on here somewhere. Also why does Rochester get such a bad rap? and MSP is a hub so it should be fine after 2100. Other airports such as SWF and HPN are also accommodating to late night ops.

Personally what I would have done is assert my authority as PIC and get those people off. I would most likely send someone to get a portable stairs or something to get the pax off and find a way into the gate. If it was a CRJ even better, integral airstair built into the door. But I would tell those Mebasa agents to do something or get out of the way as we are deplaning one way or another. I also would have looked in the AFD to find the phone number for the Rochester airport manager or duty number and call it and inform them of the issue and to send someone right away that or expect to see a RJ parked in the middle of the ramp with the parking brake on.

Rod Chester would be a pretty good stage name.
:cool: Niiiiice!

Also why does Rochester get such a bad rap? and MSP is a hub so it should be fine after 2100. Other airports such as SWF and HPN are also accommodating to late night ops.
I can't help myself! I'm a Cheesehead!

Minnesota and Wisconsin are like Israel and Palestine; Chile and Peru; Norway and Sweden... you know, folks who are so similar to one another that they have to kill each other to demonstrate they're different.

Last edited:

A1TAPE

Im suprised the flight crew didnt just throw the mebasa crew to the wayside and get in the terminal on their own. Its NOT mebasas terminal its the airports. Also signature could have been a resource. Since the 145 is low enough they could have deplaned without airstairs by how they do it during evacs just at a slower pace then walk to the terminal and swipe inside somehow or use a jetbridge for access.

milleR

Im suprised the flight crew didnt just throw the mebasa crew to the wayside and get in the terminal on their own. Its NOT mebasas terminal its the airports. Also signature could have been a resource. Since the 145 is low enough they could have deplaned without airstairs by how they do it during evacs just at a slower pace then walk to the terminal and swipe inside somehow or use a jetbridge for access.
“Meh-SAH-bah”

poser765

And how do you intend to get into the terminal? climb a jetbridge?
1. Who cares? I'm off the bloody airplane.

2. Are there people in the terminal? Law enforcement on the field? I'm pretty sure if I unload 50 people onto the ramp in a sterile area how they get into the terminal will quickly become someone else's problem.

2a. There are very few ramps I've been on that don't have some sort of unsecured door on ground level to get people out of the elements.

deadstick

Not considering the FBO makes me wonder if the CA and FO went to the airline right out of college at 190-ish hrs without ever having another flying job. They had the institutional thinking (must have jet bridge...) engrained early on and can’t think beyond the GOM or what they’re told specially to do.

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
Not considering the FBO makes me wonder if the CA and FO went to the airline right out of college at 190-ish hrs without ever having another flying job. They had the institutional thinking (must have jet bridge...) engrained early on and can’t think beyond the GOM or what they’re told specially to do.
In 2009, chances are the captain had a least a few years in RJs prior to moving to the left seat, and had seen more than their share of irregular ops/random parking spots, to not be too glued to looking for a jetway.

milleR

In 2009, chances are the captain had a least a few years in RJs prior to moving to the left seat, and had seen more than their share of irregular ops/random parking spots, to not be too glued to looking for a jetway.
And yet it happened.

The far more interesting take away from this is why they did what they did.

I think many of us have experienced the regional hell of “every door is locked” “there’s no opps people” “wtf, dispatch is going to voicemail” “WHERE IS THE VAN”

But the give it up, let’s sit on the plane solution makes no sense to me at all. Hell, call 911 and have the sheriff come out and open the terminal.

deadstick

That’s possible, too. I was basing my post on a few CA’s who upgraded and got an ATP with the ICAO PIC aeronautical experience limitation. They went from Fly U to the right seat.