strange question

project7

I know this sounds like an odd question, but what kind of shoes do you all wear when you're flying? I've never thought about it before, I just wear regular old sneakers, but today during my preflight I watched an old man walk out to his bonanza and change out of his regular shoes and into some kind of cowboy boot.

carlos

[ QUOTE ]
I don't wear shoes, or pants for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]This is why you should always disinfect the seat before getting into a rental.

Aviator737

Speaking of shoes (I've usually worn tennies), what do airline pilots wear? I thought I heard somewhere some wear (haha, notice the brilliant pun) cowboy boots ... ?

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
I fly with whatever I'm wearing at the time. Sneakers(soft soles) let me have a better feel of the rudders but I give no big preference to any type of shoe. I've worn sneakers, Doc Martens and even sandals when flying. It just really doesn't matter all that much IMHO.

project7

[ QUOTE ]
Chuck tayors, so you can get a better feel of the plane through the rudder pedals

[/ QUOTE ]
Me too, I like the jack purcells better though

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
Wear whatever you're comfortable in.

I once flew (a warrier) in my F/A uniform, complete with 2" heels. We'd been delayed getting back to ORD from our last turn, and I was seriously late for my lesson, so rather than wasting my and my instructor's time, I didn't bother changing.

jrm1493

Well, I wear Justin work boots 95% of the time in normal life, but flying I usually wear tennis shoes. The work boots are too heavy to get a good feel taxing for me (lifting them off the floor to hit the brakes is annoying). I've flown with both but I prefer the feel of the tennis shoes (nike).

Regular cowboy boots that fit tighter would probably be pretty good, no laces worry about, but I prefer the comfort and style of the work boots (which are basically cowboy boots with non-shiny leather and rubber soles and good foot support)

mtsu_av8er

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmm.... More QUIZNOS!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hard to keep the sandwiches of off your mind when you see them, isn't it!!

fly22

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't wear shoes, or pants for that matter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you fly for Southwest?

[/ QUOTE ]

You could say that I fly South (or down however you want to look at it)you know what I mean.

EDUC8-or

[ QUOTE ]
Hard to keep the sandwiches of off your mind when you see them, isn't it!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Not trying to make the original poster squawk 7500 with the thread, but Quiznos rocks!

A funny story, while I was at work teaching my 4th graders and they were doing research for a Florida Everglades project, a Quiznos pop up came up and apparently the volume on the girls computer was CRANKED. The whole class was silent and all of a sudden "We love you subs!" was blaring throughout the classroom. She felt really bad and tried to kill it, but I was cracking up and I wanted to see it again and again. It was right before lunch and my cafeteria lunch didn't quite compare to a sub and broccoli cheese soup!

EatSleepFly

Well, since my full time flying job and both of my part-time flying jobs require either a uniform, or business attire, I either wear a pair of Dr. Martens or a pair of Rockports (depending on the color). I don't even own a pair of sneakers.