1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve O1?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by AAPalmTree, Jan 7, 2017.

1. JordanD

JordanD Sizeable Member

Holy balls this guy is an idiot.

2. PositionAndHold

PositionAndHold Well-Known Member

Rog. Just letting the Jameson talk. If you're taking ATIS. Turn on the batts. If your at an outstation, wait untill you're holding short. We're on the same page. Just giving you a hard time. :)

3. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

4. Tiptank

Tiptank Well-Known Member

Uhh, WTF did I just watch? That was messed up on so many levels.

Ironically he'll probably live to an old age without ever bending metal or getting busted.

5. Ajax

Ajax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This Jerry guy is an idiot

6. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

More of a social study on people that do strange things and feel the need to film it.

Tiptank likes this.
  7. Hacker15e

Hacker15e Virtue Signaling Intersectional Nonbinary Otherkin

Intersection of narcissism and....narcissism...in the age of social media.

8. Van_Hoolio

Van_Hoolio Well-Known Member

I recently uninstalled FB and Messenger from my phone and got a drastic increase in battery life on my 3-year-old S4. I still use FB, just on the mobile browser. I wonder what the apps are doing in the background that require so much battery power? I may reinstall one or both apps for special occasions, but for everyday use I think I'm done.

9. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Well-Known Member

I think Steveo, Premier 1 Driver, Mr. Aviation, Guido, and FlightChops all do a good job. And they certainly have good attitudes. What bugs me about Jerry is that his followers/ comments on YouTube seem to think he's the greatest thing ever. I just hope new pilots going through training aren't modeling themselves after him. The guy flies like a bull in a china shop hacking his way through from start to shutdown. How he makes it through a single flight without a violation is puzzling. I've only watched a few of his videos but seems like he goes between the same couple airports almost every time. So how does every single flight seem like such a mess?

I like this beauty where he complains about guys training in IMC and doing missed approaches like it was some sort of safety hazard. Really guy? That sounds like some good instrument training to me. He then pulls out his paper chart and climbs 250 feet off altitude. (At the same time he's bitching about guys that use autopilot and Foreflight.) I swear you can't make this stuff up! It just so happens ATC gives him a freq change, breaking his distraction. Otherwise, I would have been curious to see how far off he may have deviated. I agree with him that people need to be able to fly without that stuff. But when you're climbing so far off altitude WHILE you bitch about Foreflight and autopilot use? C'mon guy!

19:00 to about 23:00

You can tell how the rest of the flight will go just by watching the first five minutes of one of Jerry's videos (the one above is a perfect example) in the way he picks up ATIS, gets clearance, and taxis.

Then for contrast- watch the first five minutes of one of Guido's videos...

Guido ATIS/Clearance/ Taxi (First five minutes of video)

They are both doing the same exact thing. (ATIS, clearance, and taxiing to the RW) But what a contrast! Poor cockpit management, heads down, distracted. Vs. Good cockpit management, heads up, focused.

10. trafficinsight

trafficinsight Well-Known Member

Reddit is enamoured with the guy too, I don't get it.

11. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

I don't really reddit but I sort of envision r/flying as the worst cesspool of private pilots who think they know everything, airliners.net addicts, and the kind of people who post MS Flight Sim videos on YouTube.

bimmerphile and Ash Williams like this.
  12. trafficinsight

It's what people who don't fly think flying is like.

13. Ajax

Ajax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If you meant Mr. Aviation101 I disagree. He created pseudo instructional videos as a PPL, some of my students sought instruction from him and learned a lot of incorrect things, picked up terrible radio habits as well.

tlewis95 likes this.
  14. Springer

Springer Well-Known Member

You mean for safety's sake you did not help her strap in?

15. MidlifeFlyer

MidlifeFlyer Well-Known Member

I think it's that for some but more than that for others. Sometimes I watch a video and see someone simply using it as a creative outlet. Some people paint, some play music, others make videos. It may not even be that good, but it doesn't matter.

Mike Wise likes this.
  16. MidlifeFlyer

MidlifeFlyer Well-Known Member

I pretty recently was introduced Reddit. It's interesting. The thing I notice most is the number of discussions arguing questions that more mature forums stopped talking about a long time ago. That's mostly about being new.

17. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Well-Known Member

LOL. That's annoying. I must have missed those.

18. trafficinsight

Reddit is a mostly younger crowd I think. It hurts to say that ;) I don't generally go there for the flying talk although I do read those subs occasionally, it has other communities which are quite good.

19. BEEF SUPREME

BEEF SUPREME Well-Known Member

Unexpected Jihad is my favorite Reddit sub forum.

20. z987k

z987k TeamANC

I figured that video was going to be something like that. It did not disappoint.

Skåning and JordanD like this.