1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steve O1?

Discussion in 'General Topics' started by AAPalmTree, Jan 7, 2017.

1. poser765

poser765 Well-Known Member

You know, sometimes i have to sit back and appreciate the Golden Age of stalking/creeping we live in. Used to be you had to get dressed, and leave the house in order to keep tabs on your "one true love." One had to be proficient at following someone discretely, moving through bushes quietly, willing to rummage through the trash, etc. Now days? Just have to know how to make a burner facebook/instagram account. What a time to be alive!

2. Champcar

Champcar Well-Known Member

I really like Premier 1 Drivers videos, they got me back into flying honestly.

3. ShyFlyer

ShyFlyer CAP Member

When I remember to remember that YouTube exists, I like to watch the latest from CaptMoonbeam. Videos are short, mostly blog style, but gives one a tiny glimpse into life as a charter pilot. Guy by the name of "Guido Warnecke" has some nice videos as well. I'm also a fan of Premier 1 Driver, though I have to admit I sometimes fall asleep during the cruise portion of his videos.

bimmerphile and SRA_kbad like this.
  4. MidlifeFlyer

MidlifeFlyer Well-Known Member

Ah, but do they show everyone on a video?

5. MidlifeFlyer

MidlifeFlyer Well-Known Member

I'm a huge fan of Guido.
    In addition to his corporate jet stuff, he does a lot of international ferrying single pilot, often in pistons. It may be because he flies so many different types of light aircraft, his checklist use is a great lesson for light GA. His fans have been waiting for something new for a few months. We know he's been busy - probably too busy to do much editing.

bimmerphile and n57flyguy like this.
  6. Ash Williams

Ash Williams Well-Known Member

That was painful to watch.
    That was painful to watch. What a mess. One can't roll like that for very long and not get violated. I like how he leveled off at 3K and then edited out the part where ATC (surely) asked him about his assignment to 6.

WS and bimmerphile like this.
  7. Hacker15e

Hacker15e Virtue Signaling Intersectional Nonbinary Otherkin

As a fighter dude, where we land offset, staggered, as a formation, I didn't land on a centerline for about 15 years.

Adler likes this.
  8. jtrain609

jtrain609 I'm a carnal, organic anagram.

You kept that streak going when we flew together too.

gotWXdagain, sefro, RORO and 6 others like this.
  9. BEEF SUPREME

BEEF SUPREME Well-Known Member

At the beginning of the video when he is filming in the Fbo one of the CRS does a double take.

"WTF is this guy doing"

LOL

10. Ajax

Ajax ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This dude is an idiot, and a cocky one too. His video was posted on reddit and a few people were openly critical of his attitude and antics, his response was:

11. Nark

Nark Well-Known Member

Like I said.... professionals. :)

First few NVG multi ship-flights, I kept lining up on centerline... not the best thing when flying formations.

Some habits are hard to break. Others, hard to make.

12. killbilly

killbilly Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens

I had the damnedest time landing on centerline. It has taken me forever to shake the feeling that I'm too far to the right/pointed right (when I'm sitting in the left seat) when I'm lined up perfectly. I'm WAY better about it now (like, in the last 100 hours of my 300+ TT) but it was mystifying to a number of my instructors trying to teach me a sight picture that worked.

13. Mike Wise

Mike Wise #NewSchool

Agreed, love all three of them.

The ferry trips he did in the Mooney were very cool to watch. I also like that "flight chops" dude he's got some pretty cool stuff as well actually probably the most interesting of them all in fact.

bimmerphile likes this.
  14. Skåning

Skåning Well-Known Member

Quick question, why do all those dudes get ATIS and clearance with the engine/s on? It's been a looong time since I flew GA, but thought why waste the money burning dead dinosaurs.

PositionAndHold and Nark like this.
  15. ShyFlyer

ShyFlyer CAP Member

I dunno about the jet guys, but with props, it was to get the engine running and warming. Also, if the engine didn't start, there was no need to contact clearance. As far as ATIS/AWOS goes, I was taught to get it before engine start, usually just before beginning my pre-flight when I turned on the batt to lower flaps and check lights.

16. Lunchbox

Lunchbox Well-Known Member

It's amazing what some of these youtubers make. The fouseytube guy has made over $2 million from pranks. 1.26 billion lifetime views at roughly $2k payment per million views.

uncreative likes this.
  17. Hacker15e

Hacker15e Virtue Signaling Intersectional Nonbinary Otherkin

You were just mad that I tried to join up on that Compass flight that departed in front of us.

18. JordanD

JordanD Sizeable Member

Surprised a bored fed hasn't (to my knowledge) had a field day with that. "Hey, let me film myself cruising along at 700 AGL over the top of downtown Oakland"

19. Roger Roger

Roger Roger Navajo Whisperer

Umm...piston GA typically doesn't have the luxury of a gate with ground power to power the radios to grab clearance/ATIS without draining the ships battery. Plus fuel burn on a piston at ~1000 rpm is negligible unlike a jet at ground idle.

20. learhawkerbe400

learhawkerbe400 Well-Known Member

I first saw this dude pop up on YouTube and learning he didn't own the airplane made me feel better about my life.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mike Wise and Skåning like this.