Starting at ATP with a PPL

jbpilot

Hi, I have a question about the ACP Program. I currently have a private pilot single-engine land rating. Do they go right into the Multi, or would they do the Single Engine Instrument rating first? I am just confused because it seems like they go into the multi right away. I have been under the impression that the order is PPL, Instrument, Commercial, CFI, CFII, THEN MULTI. If someone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks and take care!

JediNein

That particular order is based on the pilot's pocketbook. Multi time is quite expensive.

Fly SAFE!
Jedi Nein

aloft

The only single-engine training you'll do at ATP is your single commercial and CFI, both towards the end of the program; the rest is all done in the Seminole--hence their "total twin training" slogan.

The exact order has been posted here before, but as I understand it, your first checkride is your multi add-on to your private ticket, so the rest of your training can count as PIC under the sole manipulator rule.

CapnJim

Thats affirm. You spend the first week getting ready for your multi-add on, during which you'll take all 5 writtens. Then you start immediately on your instrument rating. After that it's 70 hours of multo x-country (the phase I'm in now), then commercial, then off to JAX for your CFI ticktes.