• Guest! Follow new job postings on Twitter and Facebook

Star Marianas Questions

Wheels322

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out a bit more about Star Marinas from current/past pilots. Here's what I’m curious about:

1) Did/do you feel safe flying for them? I've heard a few mixed reviews.

2) I've heard that during training I'd get checked-out in the C172 & PA-28. What are these check-outs like? Are they left seat or right seat?

3) Overall, did you like it and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance for any info!

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I have no idea, but regarding a 172 and PA-28, they are the Saturns of the aviation world. Bone simple, and if you have a Commercial license, you've flown at least one of them. I wouldn't over think it. I would imagine a checkout would be commercial maneuvers and company specific procedures.

black_xero

I remember applying with them maybe 4-5 years ago. They will list a position for "PA-28 Pilot", but you'll soon learn that they'll have you flying sightseeing tours with Chinese tourists in the 172 for 6+ months before they'll ever let you touch the PA-28. They'll also tell you that there is a possibility to upgrade into a Chieftain, but they want something like 2,500 hours and an ATP to fly it.

Wheels322

I have no idea, but regarding a 172 and PA-28, they are the Saturns of the aviation world. Bone simple, and if you have a Commercial license, you've flown at least one of them. I wouldn't over think it. I would imagine a checkout would be commercial maneuvers and company specific procedures.
Cool, thanks for the response

Wheels322

I remember applying with them maybe 4-5 years ago. They will list a position for "PA-28 Pilot", but you'll soon learn that they'll have you flying sightseeing tours with Chinese tourists in the 172 for 6+ months before they'll ever let you touch the PA-28. They'll also tell you that there is a possibility to upgrade into a Chieftain, but they want something like 2,500 hours and an ATP to fly it.
Thanks for the info

jon wilson

Pilot4Life
My buddy just came back from Star Marianas. He said he logged over 500hrs in 6months. Pay is $1200 a month plus tips.

mshunter

Pay is $1200 a month plus tips.
:ooh::ooh::bounce::bounce::bounce:

"Plus tips". The US is one of the only countries that does tip. I hope they leave their pilots enough time to have a job that pays more than meal expenses. Living on the Islands isn't cheap. Rooms/apartments are cheap because everything else is so expensive.

Cóndor

:ooh::ooh::bounce::bounce::bounce:

"Plus tips". The US is one of the only countries that does tip. I hope they leave their pilots enough time to have a job that pays more than meal expenses. Living on the Islands isn't cheap. Rooms/apartments are cheap because everything else is so expensive.
Exclude massages from the expensive items list :biggrin: