• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest! Follow new job postings on Twitter and Facebook

Star Marianas Questions

Hi guys,

I'm trying to find out a bit more about Star Marinas from current/past pilots. Here's what I’m curious about:

1) Did/do you feel safe flying for them? I've heard a few mixed reviews.

2) I've heard that during training I'd get checked-out in the C172 & PA-28. What are these check-outs like? Are they left seat or right seat?

3) Overall, did you like it and would you recommend it?

Thanks in advance for any info!

ozziecat35

4 out of 5 great lakes prefer Michigan.
I have no idea, but regarding a 172 and PA-28, they are the Saturns of the aviation world. Bone simple, and if you have a Commercial license, you've flown at least one of them. I wouldn't over think it. I would imagine a checkout would be commercial maneuvers and company specific procedures.

black_xero

I remember applying with them maybe 4-5 years ago. They will list a position for "PA-28 Pilot", but you'll soon learn that they'll have you flying sightseeing tours with Chinese tourists in the 172 for 6+ months before they'll ever let you touch the PA-28. They'll also tell you that there is a possibility to upgrade into a Chieftain, but they want something like 2,500 hours and an ATP to fly it.

I have no idea, but regarding a 172 and PA-28, they are the Saturns of the aviation world. Bone simple, and if you have a Commercial license, you've flown at least one of them. I wouldn't over think it. I would imagine a checkout would be commercial maneuvers and company specific procedures.
Cool, thanks for the response

I remember applying with them maybe 4-5 years ago. They will list a position for "PA-28 Pilot", but you'll soon learn that they'll have you flying sightseeing tours with Chinese tourists in the 172 for 6+ months before they'll ever let you touch the PA-28. They'll also tell you that there is a possibility to upgrade into a Chieftain, but they want something like 2,500 hours and an ATP to fly it.
Thanks for the info

mshunter

Pay is $1200 a month plus tips.
:ooh::ooh::bounce::bounce::bounce:

"Plus tips". The US is one of the only countries that does tip. I hope they leave their pilots enough time to have a job that pays more than meal expenses. Living on the Islands isn't cheap. Rooms/apartments are cheap because everything else is so expensive.

Cóndor

:ooh::ooh::bounce::bounce::bounce:

"Plus tips". The US is one of the only countries that does tip. I hope they leave their pilots enough time to have a job that pays more than meal expenses. Living on the Islands isn't cheap. Rooms/apartments are cheap because everything else is so expensive.
Exclude massages from the expensive items list :biggrin: