Speaking of Southwest - July 2019 Hiring

TaxiBack

Plane planes planes
word is ..if you get this email...you are part of the Back Burner Gang...."Wait here..if the Germans come......just do your best, good luck".

westcoastDX

Received as well, filled out and submitted! :) Crossing fingers and thinking positively for all my fellow DX'ers in the same boat.

Reactions: N1

CF34-3B1

I know someone who got a phone interview email today. Can’t imagine why they would go through the trouble to run a background check on a group just to turn around and TBNT them all. Don’t forget the target number for this round is 40 with two separate class dates. In the past WN has been known to interview at least 3 times the number of people they are looking for. It’ll take them some time to notify everyone. If you haven’t got a TBNT yet that’s a good sign.

N1

It could be, that with such a large number of applicants, It is more time efficient to get the background check started for some, and phone screenings for others? Just my thoughts without any insider info.

paincorp

Did the people getting the background check email either interview with WN before or have connections there? Wondering if they were on a list from previous applications and they're just being waved through.

mrezee

Living the dream!
Did the people getting the background check email either interview with WN before or have connections there? Wondering if they were on a list from previous applications and they're just being waved through.
Nope, no connections and never interviewed nor tested. App says in progress, got the app/background check email yesterday.

Last edited: