Southwest Airlines dropping peanuts from its flights

I wonder if it has something to do with GMO farming creating a breed of peanut that happens to cause an allergic reaction in some humans. Back when we were kids peanuts were just peanuts.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m totally in favor of GM foods to increase yield, and make them less susceptible to disease and insects. Just hypothesizing a possible reason for this generation’s increase in peanut allergies.

My son’s best friend carries an epi-pen everywhere he goes. That must be terrifying as a parent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I wonder if it has something to do with GMO farming creating a breed of peanut that happens to cause an allergic reaction in some humans. Back when we were kids peanuts were just peanuts.

Don’t get me wrong. I’m totally in favor of GM foods to increase yield, and make them less susceptible to disease and insects. Just hypothesizing a possible reason for this generation’s increase in peanut allergies.

My son’s best friend carries an epi-pen everywhere he goes. That must be terrifying as a parent.

I'd be a freaking wreck.

I'd be a freaking wreck.
My mom was for a while. Of course, middle brother is also the “riding my dirt bike or jet ski too fast” one of the three of us, so she gradually became less of a wreck over it. Still doesn’t like the fact that I fly airplanes (or that he still rides his dirt bike too fast, neither), but that’s just Mom.

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer

Ehh, you get used to it. Youngest son is Type 1 diabetic with peanut allergy and celiac disease (can’t digest gluten.)

It’s all about managing risks. More worried about 18 year old son not making smart choices.