1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Some pointers from a friend that worked WAI

Discussion in 'Airline Pilots' started by Derg, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Derg

Derg Naval Intelligence, MCRN Staff Member

Of course!

2. broncoav8r

broncoav8r Well-Known Member

Little late, but hey, what the hell.

@jtrain609 is right ( did I just feel a cool draft from hell)

I came to Michigan 10 years ago thinking I would make the best of it. Left 3 years ago thinking I would never come back. Had all the choices of places to live in the US, and where did I come back to? You flipping guessed it. Btw I'm on my like 4th tubing trip of the year thru downtown Ann Arbor. Life is fantastic.

(And don't let Jtrains characterization of outdoor activities discourage you, its just the Zionist elitism seeping in.) Spring/summer/fall in Michigan is outstanding, and winter? It's still warmer than anything minniesooooottttaaaaaa.

3. Ayork62493

Ayork62493 GBR

For the record, I'm showing her all of these posts. I really like the idea of being detriot based some day, a wide variety of flying. Obviously that is subject to change. I would miss the Rockies, no doubt about that but spending everything on rent, having no hope of finding a two bedroom house for less than 500K, sitting in traffic at all times of the day make it hard for me to envision staying here for the long haul.

4. m77y

m77y Well-Known Member

My wife is from Michigan and we now live in West Virginia. She grew up an hour north west of Detroit and were already talking about moving to Michigan in the next few years. I had a negative perception of the state but I've grown to love it. Especially spending time up north.

5. broncoav8r

@Ayork62493 Take your wife to Traverse City in the late spring/summer. She'll start packing the second you get home

ClarkGriswold and m77y like this.
  6. wheelsup

wheelsup Well-Known Member

And she'll repack in November when it's snowing and 20*.

7. broncoav8r

I never said live there year ROUND...and thats what travel bennies are for...

Adler likes this.