Skype interview advice, please.

Rewind

I have one coming up and have never used Skype. I downloaded Skype to my phone since I don't have a computer at home, this phone is my computer away from work. The app said it would only allow one on one and there are going to be three other people on their end of this interview. Obviously, I'm going to dress up but don't really think a suit is necessary for this phase. Thoughts? I THINK I'll be prepared for their questions and this gives me time to jot down my own. I'm studying my asa book, hitting on what I think will be asked but would very much appreciate any advice given.

MT

Treat a Skype interview exactly the same as you would a face to face interview. Do indeed bring out the suit. I would highly recommend asking a friend or family member if you could use their computer for the interview, this will look a lot more professional than using a cell phone somewhere.

If you must use a cell phone, make sure to prop it up correctly and be sitting somewhere professional, like your living room, etc.

Rewind

Treat a Skype interview exactly the same as you would a face to face interview. Do indeed bring out the suit. I would highly recommend asking a friend or family member if you could use their computer for the interview, this will look a lot more professional than using a cell phone somewhere.

If you must use a cell phone, make sure to prop it up correctly and be sitting somewhere professional, like your living room, etc.
Thank you. I am definitely going to prop it up. Do you think a shirt and tie will suffice or should I go all out? I have a good feeling about this and want to make sure I nail it. I've read recommendations that said to wear a suit but without pants, lol.

who'swho

Don't hesitate. Penetrate!
Thank you. I am definitely going to prop it up. Do you think a shirt and tie will suffice or should I go all out? I have a good feeling about this and want to make sure I nail it. I've read recommendations that said to wear a suit but without pants, lol.
I would wear a suit. And make sure you wear the shoes to go with it. The reason for the shoes is that it will help you put your game face on.

Heliman81

Not sure who your interview is with but always prepare yourself for HR questions and dispatch questions.

HR : why should we pick you? Give us your strengths and weaknesses. Etcetera..

Dispatch : if you're already dispatching it shouldn't be too hard to get through this part. Also be ready for a lot of hypothetical scenarios and tell me about a time when questions. Have some in your mind or write them out so you'll remember them.

Rewind

Not sure who your interview is with but always prepare yourself for HR questions and dispatch questions.

HR : why should we pick you? Give us your strengths and weaknesses. Etcetera..

Dispatch : if you're already dispatching it shouldn't be too hard to get through this part. Also be ready for a lot of hypothetical scenarios and tell me about a time when questions. Have some in your mind or write them out so you'll remember them.
I just went and bought cue cards and a new note pad for this to help me study. I haven't used cue cards in a long time. I'm also going to have questions for them, which I will write down so I don't forget. If I get this I am done applying elsewhere, so tired of moving. Would be the 4th state I've lived in.

I generally do alright in interviews, but I know I bombed my one Skype interaction. It was awkward for us on both sides.

My advice is to get in the right frame of mind. Understand this isn't face-to-face, and it will likely be weird. Dress appropriately and be in a proper setting. Make yourself think you're there, in the room. Expect basic HR questions. What your future employer asks about dx is beyond me.

Uh... good luck. :)