Sky Acres (44N) plane into residence

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
And surgery number 10 is history (10/30, 7pm). From the family:

“Good news! Surgery #10 is done and now it's just dressing changes and some other details!

Thank you all for following Hannah's journey and sending those positive vibes. We really appreciate everyone's time and energy, checking in on us and Hannah. It makes things easier, for sure!”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Some good news from the family (11/08, 16:50):

“WE GOT THE SPEAKING VALVE!!! HANNAH HAS SPOKEN!!!

This is a big step for Hans because this all depends on her lungs strengthening to keep up with speaking and doing their job of exchanging CO2 for O2 and all... but even more, we hope this will ease some of Hannah's anxieties and give her some normalcy.

And yes, she called Wil a "little b*tch." ”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Update (11/10, 00:44):

“Having a night of music and computer work with the one and only best sister ever, Hannah Grace...

Lately I've been quiet/not very active online/email/text because it's been really tough and exhausting for me, as well as for the rest of the family. My apologies to y'all.

So for a brief moment, I found some focus and made a nest in Hannah's room. These beside tables are pretty awesome for laptops. Hans decided to doze and we are listening to the soundtrack of "Hedwig and the Angry Inch" so this should be fun.

Oh and a fun fact: using a stress ball too much will make your hands ache! It feels like I have RA now! ”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Update (11/10, 23:51):

“A quick little update, from me (Sarah) to you all and more...

No, I didn't forget about you all. I have A MILLION thank you notes and messages to write. And I seriously will. Slowly.

The majority of my time is spent with Mom and Hannah, figuring out how Hannah's healthcare is being managed, making sure we keep her company and that her pain is managed. At the same time, we are dealing with the logistics of being out of work, caring for a family member... this is not easy or profitable in the least. And like everything, support runs out. And Wil is across the country trying to handle things for us here while working multiple jobs with a 3hr time difference. Not easy at all.

Plus, now the holidays are coming... how can we celebrate anything when we are still homeless? Hannah's road to recovery dictates where we will move on to, if and when she gets released. Until then, Mom and I call the Ronald McDonald House "home."

Yes, we have most of the supplies one needs to live day by day, but bills still need to be paid and disability doesn't care about that.

I can do all the fundraising for the RMH and all the blood drives I can possibly do to keep my mind busy and avoid the inevitable, that my family is broke and homeless, but that is catching up to me. And here I am, baring my pride and ability to accept any help, all before this fundraiser platform ends 12/2/2019.

Every bit helps. Every donation, every fundraiser, every "share" helps. Nothing will bring back my lost family members, but at least we can try to pay student loans and bills of everyday living (including insurance premiums so I can keep my insurance while I receive therapy). These donations put groceries in our fridge space when the RMH doesn't have a volunteer group to come cook for a meal. Donations are what keep our pets taken care of with their foster families.

This Thursday I will be appearing in front of new firefighter cadets to tell them our story and let them know what they may face some day. All the while I write this from Hannah's bedside. This is something I couldn't imagine ever happening, and I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

If you don't feel comfortable using the gofundme platform, please send anything you can to us at the Ronald McDonald House here until further notice:

80 Woods Rd PO Box 299
Valhalla, NY 10595

You can also help by checking out our Amazon wishlist here:

And if you are interested in dedicating a fundraiser/blood drive/etc to Hannah and/or the Bocker family, please contact me (Sarah) here on Facebook messenger or email me at Sarah.bocker1@gmail.com.

Thank you so much, to each and every one of you.

-Sarah Bocker”

A Life Aloft

@Bob Ridpath since you are having some contact with this family can you suggest that Sarah contact the following entities:

The Salvation Army Executive Headquarters 120 W 14th St, New York, NY 10011 Phone: (212) 337-7200
American Red Cross Greater New York Region 520 W 49th Street New York, NY Phone: (877) 733-2767
Assistance from various church groups: New York City church assistance programs
NYC Non-Profit Groups and misc. Charity Groups. New York, NY Nonprofits and Charities | Donate, Volunteer, and Review | GreatNonprofits
Emergency Assistance to Adults (EAA) program in New York. New York Emergency Assistance to Adults program
Cash, food assistance and more: Cash Assistance - HRA
Temporary Assistance and Safety Net Assistance https://www.benefits.gov/benefit/1673

NYC United Way Charity Programs: https://unitedwaynyc.org/resources/shelter-housing/
Financial Aid/Medical Care: Outpatient & Inpatient Offices & Locations | NY, NJ, CT, FL

Last edited: