Sky Acres (44N) plane into residence

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
This is the critically injured young lady from the Union Vale plane crash into her home. Pup, Molly, whom she rescued from the fire but was later found deceased in the woods, is top left picture. Hannah, currently on dialysis (and still critical) to help her kidney function, is undergoing her first surgery today to debride severe burns. It’s a hell’uva place for a young lady to be:confused:

View attachment 49287
And Dad, who was killed.

F47C26C4-5241-4BC3-A60B-DB67653C3B71.jpeg

knot4u

Repeat Offender
This is the critically injured young lady from the Union Vale plane crash into her home. Pup, Molly, whom she rescued from the fire but was later found deceased in the woods, is top left picture. Hannah, currently on dialysis (and still critical) to help her kidney function, is undergoing her first surgery today to debride severe burns. It’s a hell’uva place for a young lady to be:confused:

View attachment 49287
Debridement is a very unpleasant experience, I hope they sedate her, I unfortunately was fully awake for my turn in the barrel.

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Sarah here:
“Hannah made it through her first of many surgeries for grafts and debridement. She's resting and not able to receive visitors until future notice to prevent infection. The next 48 hours are crucial. Please ask before visiting just so we know we are available to receive you and not overwhelm the burn unit staff.’

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
From Hannah’s family ...

“Today was a good day. Thanks to some of my closest childhood friends, and the Culinary Institute of America, we were able to put together a small thank you on behalf of the Bocker family for all the first responders, veterinarians, nurses, and foundation members who helped us through the worst week of our lives. We cooked pulled pork, mac and cheese, collared greens, and coleslaw for some 100 people who went above and beyond this week for the sake of us. It's the beginning of the return we aim to make for the community that has given us everything, and far from the last of it. I am proud to be a New Yorker today and I thank everyone who has pitched in to help me make this happen. Much love from the Bockers❤

8607B7CC-C7B3-4201-8ED0-C8B2C71371DA.jpeg
60B5DBD9-AEA4-41BF-A665-90B98DE66429.jpeg

SteveC

Really?
Staff member
Debridement is a very unpleasant experience, I hope they sedate her, I unfortunately was fully awake for my turn in the barrel.
No •. A good friend of mine, one of the toughest SOB’s I’ve ever known, went through severe burns, debridement, grafts...the works. Quote; “I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy”.

knot4u

Repeat Offender
No •. A good friend of mine, one of the toughest SOB’s I’ve ever known, went through severe burns, debridement, grafts...the works. Quote; “I wouldn’t wish that on my worst enemy”.
It feels like they're peeling your skin off, because they're peeling your skin off. To make sure that the burnt flesh is removed completely they have to remove some healthy skin as well. They'd use a brush and some kind soap in the middle of the burns, that didn't hurt because all of the nerve endings had been destroyed. But when it came time to clean up the edges they almost had to tie me down. I've said the same thing as your friend plenty of times. Happily that little escapade is a faint memory and I have no lingering effects, hopefully that girl can recover as well as I have.

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Shared post, not my own:

“We weren’t in the shop today. Today was different. I spoke in a previous post about a friend who was killed when a plane crashed into his house. One of his daughters is still critical in the burn unit at the Westchester Medical Center. Her sister, mother and aunt are staying at the Ronald McDonald House there. We were invited to volunteer by some friends who cook there occasionally as a way to help out. All of us knew Jerry. Seeing and talking to his family as well as some other families staying there was humbling to say the least. They were all so appreciative, as meals are provided by volunteers. I would encourage ANYONE who can, to volunteer sometime. It’s an amazing way to help families that are going through things we pray we never need to experience....
Thank you Darren, Darlene, Patty Barry-Gilmartin, Kathleen and the members of CWA Local 1120 for donations. The last picture shows us with Jerry’s wife and daughter. ❤
FD938C9D-DF16-46B6-8C15-E9F53AAEA007.jpeg

D63DEBDB-15EF-4687-9F57-018259E83475.jpeg
9189A8C6-B7E2-4CC2-A066-D4F923D754AA.jpeg
8B824CC4-E056-40BB-BD7B-F7E3B11E0064.jpeg

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Apparently things are kinda’ dicey today. Brief shared post for update:

“Sarah here:
Hannah's trying her best. Having a lot of trouble controlling her bleeding and helping her breathing. Mom and I are camped out in the waiting room. Please keep up in your thoughts. Thank you.”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Shared from the West Coast brother/son:

“This is our home now. I'm finding it harder to put into words how to describe all that's happened in the last two weeks than when I found myself in the midst of it. I guess it's what happens when the hysteria dies down and then you're just left with the realization that your entire existence has been torn apart. I'll never speak to my dad again, I call my mom and my older sister 3 times a day from across the country to see if my baby sister is getting any better or not, 3/4 of my family is homeless. I have become an expert in litigation, financial securement, gotten over my fear of interacting with law enforcement, all without wanting any of it. We were just the Bockers. Never the most popular, never the least liked. But why us? I know I'm never meant to understand why this happened but one can't help to think about it from time to time. It's easy to remember funny stuff my dad did or said, but I can't get over the moments where I still say "mom and dad" or I just want to call him and talk • about our days. It feels like he's on vacation and I'm just living a weird dream here. But this is our life now. Hannah is still touch and go. My mom, myself, and surely my sisters just want this whole thing to be over and a distant bad memory, but behind us. That's why I need everyone's help. I have to build us a home again. I need to put who is left of us, back together. It may not be in the news anymore, but this is our lives and any help left, we could definitely use. There's a link in my bio for my family's gofundme. That's going towards the house, rent, property taxes, medical bills, me flying back and forth to visit my tribe, everything. If you've already contributed, you're in our hearts forever. I can't thank enough. If you haven't, you have your reasons. But this hospital is where my family spends its day, piecing our life back together and thanking those keeping us from suffering another loss. Please take the time to just send this out and see what happens. It doesn't just mean the world to us, it gives us the world back. Thank you for reading, and much love as always❤

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Shared from another source. Hannah survived the night but her situation is critical and the outcome very much in doubt.

“Hannah made it through the night and is eating up platelets like crazy. Gonna look into starting a blood drive soon to help out.
Keep fighting Hans. You got this.”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
More specific update on Hannah:

“Good morning World! It's time for your newest update from the universe's most annoying big sister, Sarah!!!

So last night into early this morning, not much has really happened. From what we gather, Hannah has been fighting sepsis, plus bronchial trauma, plus a severe reaction to heparin known as HIT (heparin induced thrombocytopenia). What that means for all you non-medical people is in general:

- Hannah is an absolute beast since she's still kicking and has been pretty conscious this whoooooole time between talking at the scene to giving "yes" and "no" responses while intubated at the hospital
- Hannah got an infection from not having much skin and putting the fire out by throwing herself into the puppy pool
- Hannah had trouble breathing from the fire, fumes, infection, and bleeding issues
- And Hannah's body didn't like heparin, an anticoagulant you use to prevent blood clots when immobilized like she is, so her body started attacking itself and its platelets, causing her to bleed a lot and have trouble breathing

In the meantime, Hannah's been getting a lot of blood products like pRBCs, FFP, and platelets. This is to help stabilize her as her body recovers from the shock and trauma while fighting infection and it's autoimmune reaction. She's only gotten through 1 surgery for skin grafts so far because all of this happened in the meantime. She has to stabilize AGAIN and then head BACK to surgery for round 2 of who know's how many surgeries lay before this kid.

That's why this kid is my hero. I believe in her, my whole family does. She's a fighter and she's my hero and I freaking love the crap out of her. So that's why I don't update every single detail for her own sake and privacy.

I understand people wanting to ask "How's Hannah?" and I don't mind answering one bit, but keep in mind she has a right to her privacy just as much as the rest of us and I'll update as we see fit, so just check here from time to time and you'll probably get a better update than my default "Still hanging in there, she's a fighter" reply lol. Hey, some times I'm tired too lol. But I'll do my best to balance the updates and her privacy as best as possible because you, as the amazing supporters that you are, also deserve to know how she's doing, if she needs help (like with her missing amazon echo debacle) and whatnot. Without your valuable support, my brother wouldn't be able to fly back when needed, my mom and I would be freaking out about bills and where we would live, and how we would meet Hannah's needs the best we can. And for such reassurance, I must give my thanks and love to each and every one of you.

So keep doing what you guys are doing, spreading the word and sending love and support, and Hannah will keep doing what she does best: fighting to live.

I told her today before I headed up north to get my car fixed that I didn't want any funny business, no dancing around, not fake-out's! All she needs to do is rest and recover.

That's all for now. I'll keep y'all updated with the next installment of "How Hannah Bocker Became a Superhero" as soon as I can

Hasta la vista, baybees!!!

Sarah”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
“So tomorrow is Hannah's second surgery... we are staying strong and hoping for the best. Staying positive and strong is important in keeping Hannah strong and showing her we are all here to support her in this terrible but necessary chapter of her life. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers tomorrow. She's an absolute beast and I love this kid so much.”

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
From Hannah’s older sister, Sarah:

“Just left Hans for the night. She wanted to watch Madagascar 2. She always loved those penguins. And she wants me to take mom to the mets game tomorrow but that's a whole other battle lol.

It was so good to see my sister responding as best as an intubated person could. Gonna get some more blood tonight but she's had a good day today!!!”