SJI guys

Jordan93

We just got a memo at my regional saying we are only allowed to DH in economy now and aren’t allowed to DH in economy comfort or first class. Previously, during check in at the kiosk or online, we were able to select “request first class upgrade” or “request comfort upgrade,” but apparently that was an IT glitch according to the memo. Are you southern guys allowed to get a PSUP or PSUW on a DH? The memo also says this is in accordance with Delta policy.

GypsyPilot

We just got a memo at my regional saying we are only allowed to DH in economy now and aren’t allowed to DH in economy comfort or first class. Previously, during check in at the kiosk or online, we were able to select “request first class upgrade” or “request comfort upgrade,” but apparently that was an IT glitch according to the memo. Are you southern guys allowed to get a PSUP or PSUW on a DH? The memo also says this is in accordance with Delta policy.
Really?? That sucks. Economy Comfort really is a big step up, particularly for the taller folks.

ClarkGriswold

Non Nutritive Cereal Varnish Engineer
Yes. Fine with me since for at least the past year DCI pilots have been booked straight into Comfort + or were allowed to select C+ with way greater ease than we ever were.

Jordan93

Yes. Fine with me since for at least the past year DCI pilots have been booked straight into Comfort + or were allowed to select C+ with way greater ease than we ever were.
Weird. I’ve never been able to select a comfort + seat when checking in. I was only able to select “request comfort plus upgrade.” Other pilots I’ve talked to at my airline say they’ve been able to outright select a comfort + seat right away when they got booked on the DH

Jordan93

Know your place! You think you get a comfort + seat on THEIR METAL that THEY OWN! lol....(sarcasm).

Sucks.
It’s all good lol. It was nice to get comfort or first on some of the longer DHs to MSY, DFW, STL, or MCI but it’s not that big of a deal. I’ll live.

mastermags

Well-Known Member *giggity*
The best is when the gate agent pulls you out of your exit row seat and puts you in the back middle and you get to walk past a bunch of Skywest and Endeavor FAs sitting in first class and comfort +. This has been an issue for a while.

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
I particularly enjoy boarding and walking back to my main cabin middle seat while passing DCI crews sitting in first class and Comfort+.
The best is when the gate agent pulls you out of your exit row seat and puts you in the back middle and you get to walk past a bunch of Skywest and Endeavor FAs sitting in first class and comfort +. This has been an issue for a while.
Well, that didn't take long.

Jordan93

That’s Delta IT’s issue. We thought everyone could do a positive space upgrade.

Jordan93

That’s Delta IT’s issue. We thought everyone could do a positive space upgrade.

Jordan93

If nonrev upgrades are allowed why wouldn't deadhead upgrades be allowed?
Just speculation but I’ve heard several times, “o the crew gets to sit in first class,” in a snarky manner. I can see a lot of people making calls to Delta complaining. But this is nothing new according to our SJI guys on here. We just benefited from an IT glitch so now we’re doing things according to policy and how its always been

thevideographer

Just speculation but I’ve heard several times, “o the crew gets to sit in first class,” in a snarky manner. I can see a lot of people making calls to Delta complaining. But this is nothing new according to our SJI guys on here. We just benefited from an IT glitch so now we’re doing things according to policy and how its always been
I haven't fact checked it yet but someone said that Deltanet still says that you can upgrade on a deadhead. That is consistend with the fact that you have been able to do it for years. None of the other DCI regionals have gotten a memo so far btw.

Jordan93

I haven't fact checked it yet but someone said that Deltanet still says that you can upgrade on a deadhead. That is consistend with the fact that you have been able to do it for years. None of the other DCI regionals have gotten a memo so far btw.
Maybe other Delta employees can upgrade, just not crew members.