Single TP or Piston Twin

JDE

As far as flight experience is concerned, would companies rather see a pilot with more single turbine time or piston twin time? Of course I know whice one I'd choose.

CaliforniaSurfer

[ QUOTE ]
What about all those Caravan drivers? Are they hosed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That's what a Caravan pilot told me at BFL (Bakersfield, CA). Said it's doing nothing for his career, sitting on 10 multi.

Surf

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
What about all those Caravan drivers? Are they hosed?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. That's what a Caravan pilot told me at BFL (Bakersfield, CA). Said it's doing nothing for his career, sitting on 10 multi.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Most of the Caravan guys at my company as well as at Fedex feeder (empire) were older gentlemen that just planned on flying the Caravan to retirement.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Still, the Caravan is a heckuva plane, for only one engine.

[/ QUOTE ]

Was alright to fly, but was slower then hell and, IMO, couldn't handle icing all that well.

kellwolf

Piece of Trash
Funny, one of the pilots at SWA suggested getting on with a cargo carrier that flies Caravans to get the 1000 PIC turbine quicker. 'Course that's probably after I get 500 multi to even get THAT job.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Funny, one of the pilots at SWA suggested getting on with a cargo carrier that flies Caravans to get the 1000 PIC turbine quicker.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, you do log the PIC turbine pretty quick, but at least for the Fedex operators, you're considered an "average" competitive candidate at 2000 TT.

[ QUOTE ]

'Course that's probably after I get 500 multi to even get THAT job.

[/ QUOTE ]

The SWA or the Caravan?