Silence on the eastern seaboard. And the Chicago area!

Richman

I'd be curious how they will figure out who it is. Also, the announcement mentions what the fines can be. Up to ~$19k for a single violation.
After seeing what's happened to some folks who blew the FCC off, I don't want to find out. But find these people they did.

The FCC is remarkably hands off amateur radio. They let ARRL and other clubs essentially run the show, including licenses and monitoring compliance. It's like if your buddy the ATP in the flying club had the authority to give you your Commercial ticket, but someone else in the club was watching to make sure you stayed current.

With all that said, if the FCC finds out you stepped outside the lines (and they WILL find you), they'll ask you nice to stop if maybe they think you don't know better. That doesn't apply in this case, and they'll bring the rain.

milleR

After seeing what's happened to some folks who blew the FCC off, I don't want to find out. But find these people they did.

The FCC is remarkably hands off amateur radio. They let ARRL and other clubs essentially run the show, including licenses and monitoring compliance. It's like if your buddy the ATP in the flying club had the authority to give you your Commercial ticket, but someone else in the club was watching to make sure you stayed current.

With all that said, if the FCC finds out you stepped outside the lines (and they WILL find you), they'll ask you nice to stop if maybe they think you don't know better. That doesn't apply in this case, and they'll bring the rain.
I genuinely hope they tack one of these adolescents to the wall as an example. Nothing like a fine and having that silly radio license pulled to send a message. Who can say "revision pages"?

NC-Sean

It is always remarkable when I flow back east versus flying out west the difference. I basically just don't even tune guard in east of the Rockies. Less people out west I guess?