Silence on the eastern seaboard. And the Chicago area!

JordanD

Honorary Member
Oh dear lord. I've had a spate of voraciously anti-Trump copilots the last six months and I've given the "Ok, I get it, I get it. Can we talk about something else? :)"
I've had the opposite usually. Jumpseated on a certain airline with overnights in ONT and one of the guys was bragging that he likes to wear his Trump shirt to the mall to piss people off.

"Uhh, you realize most people in that part of California probably like it? :p"

BigZ

Oh dear lord. I've had a spate of voraciously anti-Trump copilots the last six months and I've given the "Ok, I get it, I get it. Can we talk about something else? :)"
"Whatya think about this whole flat Earth thing?" and zone out :)

Alternatively "Have you ever wondered about the implications of the outcome of the Third Punic War on the development of the western civilizations?" if you prefer silence to white noise.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
I've had the opposite usually. Jumpseated on a certain airline with overnights in ONT and one of the guys was bragging that he likes to wear his Trump shirt to the mall to piss people off.

"All the fruits and nuts in California, they're all a bunch of libtards!"

"In… Fresno? That are is rife with anti-immigration farm owners that hire migrant labor and love dairy subsidies and love to talk about free markets and preach about people on welfare being paid to do nothing"

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
Are ops frequencies close to 121.5? Changing those would be a great start.
Nowhere close. The issue is that most places require a listening watch on Guard while in flight on Comm 2 and guys forget to flip Ops or ramp, in standby, to the active freq when they get on the ground.

z987k

Ahhh, I'd take this serious. From my Ham Radio days, the FCC will come down like a hammer if you intentionally irritate them and they figure out who you are. Think five figures to start.
I'd be curious how they will figure out who it is. Also, the announcement mentions what the fines can be. Up to ~$19k for a single violation.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member

It's time for the FAA to change sterile cockpit rules from anytime below 10,000', to now anytime below FL600.

I'd be curious how they will figure out who it is. Also, the announcement mentions what the fines can be. Up to ~$19k for a single violation.
DARPA has it worked out.