• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Shortest Mainline Route

BobDispatch

As more flying seems to be going to mainline carries it is interesting to see these new routes.

I just released a 320 from IAD to ORF. Flight time is 35 mins. Max altitude is 13,000. Time from top of climb to top of decent is 6 minutes.

Does anyone know of any shorter mainline flights?

Stone Cold

As more flying seems to be going to mainline carries it is interesting to see these new routes.

I just released a 320 from IAD to ORF. Flight time is 35 mins. Max altitude is 13,000. Time from top of climb to top of decent is 6 minutes.

Back in the day, American Airlines used to have a DAB-JAX-DFW mainline flight. DAB to JAX shows 106 miles, so 90 nautical approximately. I had to sleep in JAX a couple of times non-revving during my college days...

Nick

DTW-GRR is short. 120NM. Usually 25-28 minutes.

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
I'm sure it wasn't a standard route but in the Colgan days they covered IAH-CLL (52 NM?) in an Airbus

*they also did said route in and actual bus too

SeanD

It is literally quicker to drive most of these routes after you calculate all the crap that you need to do at the airport to get to the gate plus the boarding process and taxi time. That's easily 2 hours minimum before your butt even leaves the ground.

CFI A&P

Some of those routes are faster to drive than deal with gate lice and damaged baggage.

It isn't mainline but I have burned kerosene between BFI-SEA, and VNY-BUR.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

tomokc

There used to be an SFO-OAK leg back in the day - United, I believe - but it wasn't for Bay Area commuters. It served those from San Francisco & Oakland who were headed east. That's about a 9-10nm flight.