Sad day for CFIs (in response to thread on info about DCA)

mambo01

Hello all,
It is a very sad thing to see, what started out as some company bashing turned into rumor spilling, and finally some name-calling. I work for DCA and have no problem saying I love the Company...No I am not blind, I see the things that are wrong, and I still love working here...why, because I really enjoy teaching people to fly. I am starting to see more and more CFIs who do not like to teach, they are just building their time, dreading every time they have to teach holding or ground ref to a new student, and it is sad. They have the grass is always greener disease...(at that place you get this much flight time, and that place has better this and that etc.)
The truth is they will be miserable no matter where they work because they do not like to teach...they may love to fly, they may be the greatest pilots...but that is not enough. The worst part is the students suffer the most. We are supposed to be professionals and conduct ourselves as such; we do a great disservice to Each other, our Company, and our CUSTOMERS when we act this way.
I will get off of my soapbox after this one last statement and then I guess the onslaught of abuse will begin again.

We need not exercise blind loyalty in our company, but we must be loyal to them. Their name is our badge, and we have chosen to wear it, be it shinning or covered in mud. When we berate our company, no less our co-workers in a public forum we belittle not only the company but ourselves as well. Doing this says you have no regard for your fellow CFIs, no respect for yourself, and no regard for the word Professional!

project7

Very well said.

If all the employees had your attitude, DCA would be much more appealing to those looking into flight training options. The way some employees act towards others in this forum is shocking and would (probably has) caused some potential students to look elsewhere.

rausda27

Re: Sad day for CFIs (in response to thread on info about DCA) *DELETED*

Post deleted by rausda27

FO_SHIZZLE

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares what was said on FLightinfo, dont drag that crap over here...please...

[/ QUOTE ]

It was not said on Flight Info, it was in response to this thread:

Info about DCA from an employee

MuscleShirt

[ QUOTE ]
Hello all,
It is a very sad thing to see, what started out as some company bashing turned into rumor spilling, and finally some name-calling. I work for DCA and have no problem saying I love the Company...No I am not blind, I see the things that are wrong, and I still love working here...why, because I really enjoy teaching people to fly. I am starting to see more and more CFIs who do not like to teach, they are just building their time, dreading every time they have to teach holding or ground ref to a new student, and it is sad. They have the grass is always greener disease...(at that place you get this much flight time, and that place has better this and that etc.)
The truth is they will be miserable no matter where they work because they do not like to teach...they may love to fly, they may be the greatest pilots...but that is not enough. The worst part is the students suffer the most. We are supposed to be professionals and conduct ourselves as such; we do a great disservice to Each other, our Company, and our CUSTOMERS when we act this way.
I will get off of my soapbox after this one last statement and then I guess the onslaught of abuse will begin again.

We need not exercise blind loyalty in our company, but we must be loyal to them. Their name is our badge, and we have chosen to wear it, be it shinning or covered in mud. When we berate our company, no less our co-workers in a public forum we belittle not only the company but ourselves as well. Doing this says you have no regard for your fellow CFIs, no respect for yourself, and no regard for the word Professional!

[/ QUOTE ]

Best post I've read on this website in a long, long time. Thanks for offering some constructive input.

luv2av8

Yes such a sad sad day. Such a sacrilege that we forewarn the poor souls that wish to invest their life into aviation, that before they are to be screwed six ways from Sunday and lose all hope and motivation, and in some cases their house, that there is an alternative...many of them for that matter. Its blasphemy I tell you! And may god smite me for my sins!

It’s so awesome the only people making regular posts in favor of the academy, are those acting in the capacity of management! Tell anyone anything?

FO_SHIZZLE

[ QUOTE ]

It’s so awesome the only people making regular posts in favor of the academy, are those acting in the capacity of management! Tell anyone anything?

[/ QUOTE ]

No man, you're awesome, seriously, pithy remarks like that make you cool. That's pretty sweet though, I didn't know I was management. Looks like once again you've made a well informed comment.

mnixon

FO Shizzle, pithy, thats a big word! You have become a young man! Your my IDOL. Aint that right. I got info papa off on a papa!

FO_SHIZZLE

[ QUOTE ]
FO Shizzle, pithy, thats a big word! You have become a young man! Your my IDOL. Aint that right. I got info papa off on a papa!

[/ QUOTE ]

You gotsta request Papa intersection depatchah.

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Guys. Again, let's debate the issues without the personal attacks. Mambo01 made a good, informative post.

yankee_one

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow... I'm managment??? Hey can you tell my boss that??

Kristie

Mama Bear....
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
Guys. Again, let's debate the issues without the personal attacks. Mambo01 made a good, informative post.

[/ QUOTE ]is this a 2nd request MikeD? comeon guys...work with us here...

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]is this a 2nd request MikeD? comeon guys...work with us here...

[/ QUOTE ]

It could be a final request...........

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
And people wonder why DCA gets such bad press. Just look at it's clown-act forum here. It's too bad that nearly all of my moderating focus is on tis place. PanAm forum has been quiet lately, and all the kids seem to have moved here.

mnixon

if your last post was in concern to mine, relax. And trust me, the bad press here comes from the same people over and over again. I looked at the repeat bashers, and when I was posting questions THREE YEARS ago, they were telling me the evils of then Comair Academy. Obviously we are still in business so you would think that they would see their efforts as being futile. But alas.

Wannabe2

[ QUOTE ]
And people wonder why DCA gets such bad press.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't have to wonder why DCA "gets such bad press", as I haven't seen any. Having worked in media for 12 years before attending DCA, I am pretty sure the generally accepted use of the word "press" in this instance is used to describe an unbiased news source. The bashers here are certainly not unbiased. (Nor are the supporters here for that matter, but that is another story) If anyone has seen any bad "press" about DCA, please post it with reference to its source. Peace out.

DE727UPS

"Obviously we are still in business so you would think that they would see their efforts as being futile."

If just one person went to DCA with an understanding of the industry above and beyond what the marketing department would like you to think, I don't consider it futile. Putting DCA out of business isn't on the agenda.

The day DCA puts a link to jetcareers on their website is the day I shut up...