Rock & Rollers with an Aviation Side

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Dexter Holland of the Offspring, among other accomplishments (like a doctorate in molecular biology) he also flies a CJ.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

FlyPurdue

This is a cool thread - Bruce is whom I was thinking of when I saw this. I believe he flew the Ed Force One 747 on Maiden's latest tour, and flew the 757 in their Flight 666 tour. Someone correct me, but I think he also fly's for a dutch holiday airline too. Bruce's cousin Rob (although not a pilot) builds the most amazing air cooled 911's - check out Singer Vehicle Design.

Nark

Sheepdog
This is a cool thread - Bruce is whom I was thinking of when I saw this. I believe he flew the Ed Force One 747 on Maiden's latest tour, and flew the 757 in their Flight 666 tour. Someone correct me, but I think he also fly's for a dutch holiday airline too. Bruce's cousin Rob (although not a pilot) builds the most amazing air cooled 911's - check out Singer Vehicle Design.
It was a British airline, Astraeus, I believe. They went bankrupt a few years ago.
Astraeus Airlines - Wikipedia

skypilot6

There are lots of Celebs and Musicians that have at least a Private Pilots License. When I was doing my CFI, Ewan McGregor was taking PPL lessons at the same school.

Beefy McGee

Chris DeGarmo left Queensrÿche to become a Learjet and Hawker (maybe other types by now) pilot in the Seattle area. Occasionally still does music stuff.

Dierks Bentley flew his own Cirrus into Gulf Shores for a performance a few years back.

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
There are lots of Celebs and Musicians that have at least a Private Pilots License. When I was doing my CFI, Ewan McGregor was taking PPL lessons at the same school.
When he's shooting a movie, insurance companies (in the past) forbade him to ride motorcycles. Wonder how they feel about flying?

On the back of Rod Machado's PPL book, there's a LONG list if celeb-pilots printed there. It's a much larger list than you'd think.

skypilot6

When he's shooting a movie, insurance companies (in the past) forbade him to ride motorcycles. Wonder how they feel about flying?

On the back of Rod Machado's PPL book, there's a LONG list if celeb-pilots printed there. It's a much larger list than you'd think.
He drove vintage VW's or Indian Motorcycles to the school the days he was taking lessons. I don't recalling seeing the same vehicle 2 days in a row

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
Dierks Bentley flies a lot, seems like he takes his Cirrus to a lot of tour dates if the weather is decent.
Jimmy Buffet, obviously
flew his van on amphibs into my airport when he was on tour. only time I was happy to get on top of the fuel truck to climb on an airplane to fuel

milleR

That must have been before the road of bones :)