• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

RIP Peebles, The Emotional Support Hamster.

skypilot6

Can't make this stuff up.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html

Before Belen Aldecosea flew home from from college to South Florida, she twice called Spirit Airlines to ensure she could bring along a special guest: Pebbles, her pet dwarf hamster. No problem, the airline told her.
But when Aldecosea arrived at the Baltimore airport, Spirit refused to allow the tiny animal on the flight.
With her only friends hours away at campus, Aldecosea was stuck. She says an airline representative suggested flushing Pebbles down an airport toilet, a step that Spirit denies. Panicked and needing to return home promptly to deal with a medical issue, Aldecosea unsuccessfully tried renting a car and agonized for hours before doing the unthinkable.

She flushed Pebbles.

“She was scared. I was scared. It was horrifying trying to put her in the toilet,” Aldecosea said. “I was emotional. I was crying. I sat there for a good 10 minutes crying in the stall.”

SeanD

I dont believe for one second anyone at the airline told her to flush it or told her she could bring on board. She assumed she could bring it or at the very least, get away with sneaking it on only to find out that wasn't the case. She is full of crap and looking for a pity handout. The airline should tell her to go eff herself.

Last edited:

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Who forced her to flush a hamster down a toilet?

I can't believe people are out there doing stuff like this and risking others careers by blaming them.

milleR

But as she walked toward the security checkpoint, a second Spirit employee chased her down, hollering that rodents were not allowed. She said Spirit agents told her she could not put the hamster in the cargo hold either.

After hectic discussions, an outraged Aldecosea accepted a flight later that day to try and figure out what to do with Pebbles. But she had no friends or family in town to pick up Pebbles. It was then, Aldecosea insists, that an employee suggested letting Pebbles go free outside or flushing her down the toilet.

For hours, Aldecosea said, she struggled with what to do. She contacted at least six rental car agencies, but no cars were available during the busy holiday season and she wasn’t old enough to rent a car anyway. A Greyhound bus would have taken days to get to South Florida.

With her flight boarding soon, she pondered whether to just let Pebbles free outside. She said she considered it more humane to end her life right away, and not let her run around scared in the cold, only to die getting hit by a car.

“I didn’t have any other options,” she said.

Read more here: http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article198971069.html#storylink=cpy
Ehhhh ... that's got a little truth wafting off it. But yeah, stick the dumb thing in your purse and call it a day, your phone is bigger than this hamster.