1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resume Review

Discussion in 'Resume Assistance' started by luma8767, Feb 22, 2017.

1. luma8767

luma8767 Newbie

Hi All:
    It's been a long time since I've worked on my resume. Curious if anyone would care to review and provide any feedback?

-TOM

Attached Files:

2. NickH

NickH Dank Meme

Ditch the Objective.

Emphasize the type ratings in the Flight Ratings section, the parentheses are not well used.

Great usage of the Experience section. Concise and useful information, too many people don't do that! Take away the American Eagle Description (Never put anything negative on a resume, be honest in the interview if asked), and the description for all jobs below that (Possibly excepting the Pseudo Pilot part, because that's interesting). Add periods, remove commas.
    I'd suggest adjusting the formating to place more emphasis on the companies you were working for, particularly for a pilot's resume where the job titles are fairly common. I like to put the company names on the left side with the dates. This is the section which is the primary focus, so use the extra space from removing the Objective here, and trim the Education section if you need more.

Actually a good looking resume!

Have good answers for why you've changed jobs so many times in a short period. I have the same issue, and it's going to come up!

luma8767 likes this.
  3. Robi

Robi Member

Hello Tom, I will be more than happy to help. You are always required to keep your resume up to date.As an expert in your field it is important that you add you current job experience in order to show you have grown professionally.I would suggest that you write a functional resume which will highlight your skills and abilities in piloting career.Thumps up in your Experience section . It is simple and clear !

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017