My son has a blood clotting disorder. This was unknown to us until he turned 15 and was diagnosed with a PE. He received treatment for 6 months with Lovenox shots twice a day and was cleared without any reoccurrences until 3 weeks ago. He is now 18 and is studying to be a private pilot. I'm told he can still fly as long as his instructor is in the plane with him. What I'm unsure of, is when he needs to request for reconsideration of his medical certificate. The letter from the FAA states they must receive something within 60 days in writing and after a 2-month symptom free delay. However, this is confusing. He will still be on anticoagulants in 60 days and could be denied. Should he go ahead and request for reconsideration and list the medication he is on or wait until a follow up ultrasound is done and shows the DVT to be gone and finished with the medication? The whole 60 days and 2 month symptom free is confusing. Are they considered the same thing or different entities? I don't want him to be denied and not able to get his waiver again.