Republic 4439 ATL

obx

I also love the mainline chime in. "Hey I used to fly that plane, did yall follow the QRH?"
That was cringeworthy at best and at worst took up frequency bandwidth when the emergency aircraft might have a need to communicate with ATC. I’m sure lots of people on frequency fly or have flown the 170/190 series. Should they form an ad hoc committee to talk the guys down? There was probably about 10 A320s on freq then too, if one of them had an emergency, should all the other 320 pilots chime in? It’s one of the stupidest things I’ve heard a professional pilot do on the radio—besides all the guard crap.

Acrofox

All dragon~
Ive got some brain fog on it, but I do remember a pitch trim runaway can be a handful if not caught quickly, which likely wouldnt be when youre flying along on a normal day.
I believe the wording in the AOM can be paraphrased as follows: “Potentially unrecoverable.” As I recall it, the jackscrew (@jtrain609 is correct) can move the stabilizer into a position that cannot be overcome by elevator authority alone.

I’m standing by to see where this goes.

Richman

I believe the wording in the AOM can be paraphrased as follows: “Potentially unrecoverable.” As I recall it, the jackscrew (@jtrain609 is correct) can move the stabilizer into a position that cannot be overcome by elevator authority alone.

I’m standing by to see where this goes.
Reminds me of the notes on some approach plates in Alaska: "Go around improbable"