Republic 4439 ATL

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”
WOW REALLY?!? Where'd you go to school?
I mean, I have a not-inconsequential human-computer interaction background, and I'd say it's acceptable if not even preferable to the majority of the airplanes I have flown.

Thing is certainly more state of the art than any of the comparable Boeing offerings (LOLOLOLOL). That said, it is certainly a product of 1987 (not that there's anything wrong with that year, mind you!) and there are certainly rough edges that should be sandpapered over someday.

There must be something in the water at California Pacific that makes y'all think that the 170/175 was The. Best. Thing. Ever. and that CalPac was also the Best. Airline. Ever. ;) Great machine, to be sure, and I'd gladly fly it again for what I make now, but...yeah.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Somehow I figured this was a bashing of my favorite guy on here to ignore and it didn't disappoint. Had to hit the show ignored content button.
I have an Aerospace engineering background and I give the Airbus a thumbs up.
Is that a meaningful engineering background or a diploma for engineering from an accredited university?

Nark

Sheepdog
@Cherokee_Cruiser I guess we ruffled some feathers with that one.
If I do recall you went to Michigan?

It's quite evident, that those who don't understand ~75% of the systems say "what is it doing now?" and can't figure out why in selected speed, it's not maintaining DES path. Well dummy, open the book once and while, to something more than the memory items and limitations before a PC.

Or like the southernjet guys that overheated the green system not to long ago. I think the law school guy on here has shown the extent of his willingness to learn about the bus.

Pilot Fighter

I had the privilege of having a retired Navy copilot...
Is that how he described himself, as a retired Navy co-pilot?

Even S-3 NFO's that were COTAC's (co-pilot/tactical coordinator) wouldn't introduce themselves that way.

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

WOW REALLY?!? Where'd you go to school?
Not Lansing, Ypsi, or the Zoo.

Somehow I figured this was a bashing of my favorite guy on here to ignore and it didn't disappoint. Had to hit the show ignored content button.

Is that a meaningful engineering background or a diploma for engineering from an accredited university?

Bless yer hearts. I have to keep in mind most of the mud slinging here is from the ERAU, UND, WMU, etc, crowd who probably spent as much on worthless flying degrees than they would have going to mom/pop FBO schools and getting a good technical/science degree. But to answer your question, a 4 yr engineering degree followed by 1 yr as a structural engineer before heading off to the regionals. It's enough of a background that I can understand the engineering behind Airbus and why they did what they did. But more importantly, appreciate the airplane as a pilot.

@Cherokee_Cruiser I guess we ruffled some feathers with that one.
If I do recall you went to Michigan?

It's quite evident, that those who don't understand ~75% of the systems say "what is it doing now?" and can't figure out why in selected speed, it's not maintaining DES path. Well dummy, open the book once and while, to something more than the memory items and limitations before a PC.

Or like the southernjet guys that overheated the green system not to long ago. I think the law school guy on here has shown the extent of his willingness to learn about the bus.
Yes, I did UMich - Ann Arbor which at the time was #3 for Aerospace (behind MIT and Georgetown). I fully agree with you about pilot inputs and "Airbus-isms." Most nearly all the time, it was pilot input or guidance they had set and the plane did exactly what it was asked to do. I also agree that a lot of the misunderstandings happen in the climb/des modes and selected/managed speed. I'm not sure about the Delta overheating the green system story? The scariest one I heard about at Delta was coming into MEM and they thought they had lost both engines and told the cabin crew to get ready for a ditch/forced landing. The internal company article about it was titled, "Are you a Thrustworthy pilot?" and it broke down the event and the misunderstandings of the crew.

Last edited:

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Bless yer hearts. I have to keep in mind most of the mud slinging here is from the ERAU, UND, WMU, etc, crowd who probably spent as much on worthless flying degrees than they would have going to mom/pop FBO schools and getting a good technical/science degree. But to answer your question, a 4 yr engineering degree followed by 1 yr as a structural engineer before heading off to the regionals. It's enough of a background that I can understand the engineering behind Airbus and why they did what they did. But more importantly, appreciate the airplane as a pilot.
I spent a couple years certifying airplanes with my demuted little degree that's why I was asking. Now I was only working with about 24 different manufacturers and only 10 specific aircraft manufacturers so you can imagine it's more of a buffet of engineering not a drill down on a single airplane. I'd have to review my comments but I remember just highlighting fly by wire isn't a panacea for every accident mentioned. I was only working for a small engineering firm though.

Hey, but I learned enough to not ostracize myself from my own pilot group, thank God, but I suppose that has more to do with valuing others than a 4 yr degree I suppose. Your more an expert on that than me. Let's keep it to aircraft engineering though, so you were draftsman for structures for which manufacturer?

JustinS

Is that how he described himself, as a retired Navy co-pilot?

Even S-3 NFO's that were COTAC's (co-pilot/tactical coordinator) wouldn't introduce themselves that way.
Of course he didn't describe himself that way. He was retired Navy, and was my co-pilot. Not a retired "Navy co-pilot." You misread. If you were curious though... He was a Navy Lt. Cmdr.

Last edited:

Cherokee_Cruiser

I spent a couple years certifying airplanes with my demuted little degree that's why I was asking. Now I was only working with about 24 different manufacturers and only 10 specific aircraft manufacturers so you can imagine it's more of a buffet of engineering not a drill down on a single airplane. I'd have to review my comments but I remember just highlighting fly by wire isn't a panacea for every accident mentioned. I was only working for a small engineering firm though.

Hey, but I learned enough to not ostracize myself from my own pilot group, thank God, but I suppose that has more to do with valuing others than a 4 yr degree I suppose. Your more an expert on that than me. Let's keep it to aircraft engineering though, so you were draftsman for structures for which manufacturer?
Ostracize? This coming from a guy who just admit you have me on ignore and clicked show content to see what StoneCold had written so you could have a good laugh. Just put me back on ignore, thank you.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Ostracize? This coming from a guy who just admit you have me on ignore and clicked show content to see what StoneCold had written so you could have a good laugh. Just put me back on ignore, thank you.
You're welcome. I still enjoy asking about you to the virign guys, now even the Alaskan guys are getting a taste. You certainly stand out in a crowd, keep being you.

Cherokee_Cruiser

You're welcome. I still enjoy asking about you to the virign guys, now even the Alaskan guys are getting a taste. You certainly stand out in a crowd, keep being you.
By all means, ask. Weren’t you a XJ/9E guy? I think you are taking history from 8+ years ago and trying to paint that here where it simply isn’t true. I didn’t create any ruckus in the merger here, if that’s what you are trying to draw a comparison to. I’m flattered though, you think enough of me to ask around even after all these years. Now I haven’t seen Frozen 2 yet, but I wonder if there’s part two of the song ‘Let it Go.’ You should probably watch that.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
By all means, ask. Weren’t you a XJ/9E guy? I think you are taking history from 8+ years ago and trying to paint that here where it simply isn’t true. I didn’t create any ruckus in the merger here, if that’s what you are trying to draw a comparison to. I’m flattered though, you think enough of me to ask around even after all these years. Now I haven’t seen Frozen 2 yet, but I wonder if there’s part two of the song ‘Let it Go.’ You should probably watch that.
Lol, couple things.

Firstly that was seggys joke on you. It was hilarious and I don't mind you bringing it back.

Yeah xj. You had a chance for a fresh start, even told everyone you could think of online or in crew rooms you were going to Gojet in an effort to hide out, then pulled your shtick at virign on their web boards...for years.

As for your newest merger you know more now than you did then. But as an xj guy back then, your ruckus was hilarious once you turned against your own. I thought you had mental instability so I never thought to leak info to you so you'd go after your own union, but that was a great move by the union. You are a "useful idiot" in that way and I can name at least 6 guys from the edv side who went to Alaskan who are union volunteers and knew exactly who you were still. Aviation is a small world, but your so smart at everything I'm sure that'll never affect you.

You went back to college 15 years ago, I went back about 8-4ish, so, idk man, who is diving back in time here? The truth is you, like most humans, are a creature of habit. Your habit is to go way over the line in every way, pretend you're the victim, and you're way too sloppy to keep yourself anonymous or out of trouble. I don't find anything meritorious in your posts or thinking so ignoring you improves my experience here.