Republic 4439 ATL

jtrain609

Uniting the black vote.
You can f up a fly by wire system by leaving out parts too. Fly by wire doesnt fix Colgan mx being comically and dangerously lazy and stupid.
Somewhere there was an Airbus that had the gigantor cannon plug for the joystick replaced and someone swapped a couple key wires resulting in aileron reversal.

Yeah sure, except the FO's stick wasn't affected by the reversal, and a proper flight control check by the crew, or MX for the matter, would have prevented them from even getting airborne.

And listen, I'm a die hard Airbus hater, but the system works.

Roger Roger

Paid to sleep, fly for fun

Yeah sure, except the FO's stick wasn't affected by the reversal, and a proper flight control check by the crew, or MX for the matter, would have prevented them from even getting airborne.

Yeah if anything it’s a positive as typically on a cable system if one yoke is backward they both are.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum
Yup. I know this. At least in the bombadier product i fly, there is 5 different ways to disconnect the autopilot.

The "big red button" is called the master disconnect switch. But it really only disconnects the autopilot. it "interrupts" the trim functions. It can lead to bad things you don't press and hold during trim runaway.
That's why the memory items say, "Press, and Hold CWM." At least that's what I recall. All those memory items are sooooo hard to remember.

Crop Duster

E pluribus unum

I truly never thought I would use the lyrics from a dopey '80s one-hit-wonder hit in an aviation forum. But somehow it currently seems perfect! :)

We're gonna rock down to... electric avenue.

And then we'll take it higher!

Although I wouldn't have ever said it when I was in (cause i didn't know any better) mil ATC (especially Army) is ATC Lite and does a lot of dumb things. Mostly because it's a bubble so doing things the wrong way gets passed down over and over again ... The big problem with mil ATC is that just as you're starting to become competent, you get promoted off the scopes and go sit behind a desk and spend all your time trying to manipulate the schedule so you can go home early. The majority of mil controllers actually talking to planes are newly checked out or got rated because they are good to have on the squadron softball team, with a smattering of competent E4's sprinkled in. And then the competent ones get out after 1 enlistment and go FAA while the others become CMSGT's.
Good logic. Now extrapolate the argument to mil aviators. Hell, extrapolate the argument to almost everything.

Cherokee_Cruiser

Why you such a die hard Airbus hater? You witch. Enjoy the Brazilian trash before you're forced back on the A220/320. ;)

BobDDuck

Island Bus Driver
You can f up a fly by wire system by leaving out parts too. Fly by wire doesnt fix Colgan mx being comically and dangerously lazy and stupid.
No... the other other Colgan crash.

FBW prevents a crew from stalling it at low altitude when all the systems are working just fine.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
No... the other other Colgan crash.

FBW prevents a crew from stalling it at low altitude when all the systems are working just fine.
I don't think the computer is gonna make the flaps go back down. Stall speed went from 80 to 125 or something, I'm going off memory. But I suppose they might have stalled less.

Autothrust Blue

"I’d make a suggestion but you won’t listen”

An honest man.

In my sleep Full up, full down, neutral. Full left, full right, neutral. Full left, full right, neutral.