Rental/Fun Flying - KAPA vicinity

killbilly

Vocals, Lyrics, Triangle, Washboard, Kittens
Y'all,

I'm going to be in DEN for a couple of weeks in May, staying very close to KAPA.

Late afternoon/evenings are going to be free, and possibly - maybe - one weekend. I'm thinking about making good use of the time there.

1) Maybe get a mountain flying lesson in somewhere - I've never done that and I'm thinking it could be a good use of the time while I'm out there.
2) Get a rental checkout and do some exploring around the front range. Again, haven't done any real flying out there, know I'd need a bit of instruction.
3) Something I haven't thought of yet that you think would be a good idea.

I'm open to ideas, but leaning toward the more educational ones. Thoughts?

killbilly

I appreciate the links. Thanks.

I was really looking for context and ideas - info for people who have done what I’m thinking about here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Zondaracer

Aspen flying club does mountain flying and mountain checkouts. They also have an aerobatic airplane. You can also get a tail wheel endorsement. Very large fleet at a reasonable rate.

killbilly

Aspen flying club does mountain flying and mountain checkouts. They also have an aerobatic airplane. You can also get a tail wheel endorsement. Very large fleet at a reasonable rate.
Yeah, I looked at their website and they do seem to have reasonable rates and HUGE fleet. If things work out I might give them a call. It all depends on having time, money and weather all together. I think the mountain flying instruction would be quite beneficial, and if I can do it in a TW even better. Already have a TW endorsement, just not a lot of TW time.

Richman

The DEN area always had a yuuuge GA base. I remember going to APA back in the early 90s and there were 3 flying clubs of 30 airplanes each, with all kinds of makes and models.