Remember the Ryanair crew sleeping on the floor?

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
In the age of social media, doesn’t every employer have an employee standards policy? Can’t disparage the company, or something?

Even if you worked at McDonalds and portrayed the company negatively through social media, don’t be surprised when you get fired.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

mrivc211

I agree what they did was dumb and gave the company a bad name. But should they be fired over it? No. Mgmt does equally shameful stuff all the time and they get to walk away scot free(firing the Allegiant Captain for doing his job). Does anyone remember when the Director of Flt Ops and Chief Pilot in a ERJ 135 tried taking off ORD with only one engine because they forgot to turn on the second engine? Then they got off the runway and tried covering it up only to be outted because there was tons of deadheading crew in the back. Management is not wholly than god. They're just people given unique positions because they knew the right people. Arguably, employees are just as if not smarter than these guys, they just didn't meet the right people in life.

Skåning

anyone remember when the Director of Flt Ops and Chief Pilot in a ERJ 135 tried taking off ORD with only one engine because they forgot to turn on the second engine? Then they got off the runway and tried covering it up only to be outted because there was tons of deadheading crew in the back. Management is not wholly than god. They're just people given unique positions because they knew the right people. Arguably, employees are just as if not smarter than these guys, they just didn't meet the right people in life.
That was MW at Transstates who is now high up in management at Compass. A real aviation a-hole, making life worse for a lot of people.

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
Yeah, that’s bad because the narrative about a “fun prank” just went *poof*

Having had a conversation with the chief pilot when a ‘certain social media airline employee celeb’ tried to drag me into her wrongful termination case back in the early 2000’s, basically do and say what you want, but the moment you start throwing around the corporate image in a negative fashion, all bets are off. Not that I had, it’s just that I was made aware of some of her fans that were being made to his office demanding that I take down JC, we had a very supportive chat about “everything is cool, but here are some guidelines for the future”.
Oh mah gawd I remember her and all that drama.

What a drama queen... and where is she now? I dunno! (Exactly my point.) Faded into obscurity...

Jordan93

Stone Cold

I’m assuminf y’all are talking about Gulfstream Girl? What’s the story with that? All I’ve heard is snippets
She's no longer Gulfstream Girl, after Gulfstream gave her a cease and desist. However, that's not what people are talking about...there was a Southernjets FA that got into a spat with the Derglas and there was a call to the Big Brown Desk over it.

Now, former-GG, that has threads of its own on it. The beginning though, goes to the Lolita Express, Epstein, and all that crap. If you are unfamiliar, look up any of those names. It's an interesting story, and involves 2 Presidents now, and former Gulfstream Girl, Nadia Marcinko. Enjoy the reading.

MQAAord

Scheherazade
Staff member
She's no longer Gulfstream Girl, after Gulfstream gave her a cease and desist. However, that's not what people are talking about...there was a Southernjets FA that got into a spat with the Derglas and there was a call to the Big Brown Desk over it.

Now, former-GG, that has threads of its own on it. The beginning though, goes to the Lolita Express, Epstein, and all that crap. If you are unfamiliar, look up any of those names. It's an interesting story, and involves 2 Presidents now, and former Gulfstream Girl, Nadia Marcinko. Enjoy the reading.
This.

Her name was Ellen <Somethingorother>, and she had a blog called "Queen of the Sky". She posted pictures of herself posing in various wanna-be-sultry ways in DL uniform on DL equipment. Lots of hullballoo ensued.. including her firing.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
Oh mah gawd I remember her and all that drama.

What a drama queen... and where is she now? I dunno! (Exactly my point.) Faded into obscurity...
Yup!

The internet was relatively young and people didn’t quite realize that once it’s posted, it’s indelible record even after deleting.

And when the company says, “Hey, cut that out”, just cut it out.

A handful of people came to her rescue, called Atlanta claiming they were sexist because this other guy is (effectively) a blogger and because he’s a boy, they’re not going after him, some TV and radio appearances, blah blah blah.

I don’t want to see anyone get terminated, but she should have just... stopped.

Ellen Simonetti - Wikipedia

“Here is a direct order. Do this or you’re fired.”
“But but but”

(Wrong answer.)

That said, I wonder if the whole saga could be considered protected labor activity. Of course...RyanAir.