Remember the Ryanair crew sleeping on the floor?

Pilot Fighter

Sounds like Ryanair and every other craphole cheapo airline who hates their employees.
Just because you work for a discount carrier doesn't mean you can act like you are at a slumber party.

Most RyanAir folks aren't sprawled out on the floor like low rent peasants.

RDoug

So they went out of their way to fake a picture for the express purpose of hurting the image of the conpany they work for. I’d fire them too.
I'm no fan of RyanAir, but I concur with this. If you fake something to hurt your employer, good luck finding employment elsewhere.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Soooo, let me make sure I scanned this correctly.

The airline creates such crappy working conditions that its employees have to sleep on the floor.
Which is fine with the airline...
Until the world finds out about it.
Then, when the the news outs, the victims are sacrificed.

Never heard such a story before in corporation-land. Weird...
Although according to Ryanair the crew staged the photo

Although according to Ryanair the crew staged the photo
I think everyone acknowledges the photo was staged. The airline dumped them in a crew room without seats or any other facilities, so a group of them laid on the floor to take pictures to show how poorly they were treated. They weren't actually sleeping, or trying to, but nor were they treated with the dignity and respect an employee deserves.

The firing is appropriate, but so is the criticism of the company.

Ok, I wasn't up to speed on full situation. Points of fact taken. And, for the record, I'm abashed.
Still...
We certainly wouldn't want to distort reality ever so slightly to make a point, now would we? You know, like almost every single ad run by almost every single company who runs ads. Who gets fired for those breaches of absolute reality??

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
For a whole crew to be wholly onboard with this... I wouldn't think that was realistic to assume. I don't know if that says more about the working conditions or moral. Everyone on the crew says, screw them lets amp this up?

Everyone loses.

z987k

So they went out of their way to fake a picture for the express purpose of hurting the image of the conpany they work for. I’d fire them too.
Seriously? I mean we have stuff at the very least monthly to try to hurt our company's image, customer faith, and hopefully the stock price.
We have social media accounts that sole purpose is to hurt the company's image. They aren't untruthful, much like this image isn't really either.
Staging real working conditions in order to make a point is what all advertising is.

Derg

Cap, Roci
Staff member
And has video of the crew staging the photo.
Yeah, that’s bad because the narrative about a “fun prank” just went *poof*

Having had a conversation with the chief pilot when a ‘certain social media airline employee celeb’ tried to drag me into her wrongful termination case back in the early 2000’s, basically do and say what you want, but the moment you start throwing around the corporate image in a negative fashion, all bets are off. Not that I had, it’s just that I was made aware of some of her fans that were being made to his office demanding that I take down JC, we had a very supportive chat about “everything is cool, but here are some guidelines for the future”.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Seriously? I mean we have stuff at the very least monthly to try to hurt our company's image, customer faith, and hopefully the stock price.
We have social media accounts that sole purpose is to hurt the company's image. They aren't untruthful, much like this image isn't really either.
Staging real working conditions in order to make a point is what all advertising is.
Well, dont stage it and you'd be in a better position. That's not creating good advertising it's a hsrd elbow in the paint, you're gonna lose posession and now management gets two easy ones on the other side of the big line down the middle.

In the USA, all we could really do is keep the firing fair. Europe has different ways of looking at labor than the usa so idk what'll happen to them.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Yeah, that’s bad because the narrative about a “fun prank” just went *poof*

Having had a conversation with the chief pilot when a ‘certain social media airline employee celeb’ tried to drag me into her wrongful termination case back in the early 2000’s, basically do and say what you want, but the moment you start throwing around the corporate image in a negative fashion, all bets are off. Not that I had, it’s just that I was made aware of some of her fans that were being made to his office demanding that I take down JC, we had a very supportive chat about “everything is cool, but here are some guidelines for the future”.
For instance, your name is now derglas, of the clan mcalterations, from the highlands of scottland... There can be only one.