Regional airlines new TAs rumor mill

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
They aren't? As far as I know, 9E is overstaffed yet continues to hire 30-50 per month.
The post was from September 11th its October 1st I haven't updated my post at every new hire class my apologies. They were not full. If they are full now I apologize I haven't kept up and updated that post from week to week

BigZ

The post was from September 11th its October 1st I haven't updated my post at every new hire class my apologies. They were not full. If they are full now I apologize I haven't kept up and updated that post from week to week
Dammit JJ, how could you

MikeFavinger

Hubschrauber Flieger
He knows this through PM, but for anyone else, If I came off as snarky I certainly didn't mean too.

A quick look at the SL shows they put 37 butts on the seniority list in August, and 36 in July. I have no idea if that's what they hoped for or not.

Finny

He knows this through PM, but for anyone else, If I came off as snarky I certainly didn't mean too.

A quick look at the SL shows they put 37 butts on the seniority list in August, and 36 in July. I have no idea if that's what they hoped for or not.
Looking to add 40-50 new hires for the foreseeable future.

Finny

Looking to add 40-50 a month for the foreseeable future.

BigZ

Envoy will be getting another 15 new 175s early 2020. That's in addition to the 25 that will start showing up next month.
With the scope in place, if more "widebodies" here, there will be less elsewhere. More likely than not that elsewhere will not be a WO.
Our 175s aren't overwater birds and supposedly that program has been iced, Republic's are. Who else flies heavies (as in big RJs)? Mesa? Skywest? Compass flies AAs airplanes and whether they stay there or get transferred, they are accounted for.

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
Envoy will be getting another 15 new 175s early 2020. That's in addition to the 25 that will start showing up next month.
With the scope in place, if more "widebodies" here, there will be less elsewhere. More likely than not that elsewhere will not be a WO.
Our 175s aren't overwater birds and supposedly that program has been iced, Republic's are. Who else flies heavies (as in big RJs)? Mesa? Skywest? Compass flies AAs airplanes and whether they stay there or get transferred, they are accounted for.
You don't need to be at a wholly owned to be in the 175, and 175's are growing at non-wholly owned airlines. OO has 145 in service with 9 more deliveries on the way.

ExpressJet just announced 20 UA 175's for 2019 a month ago. As I recall, Alaska has no scope either. Sadly.

BigZ

You don't need to be at a wholly owned to be in the 175, and 175's are growing at non-wholly owned airlines. OO has 145 in service with 9 more deliveries on the way.

ExpressJet just announced 20 UA 175's for 2019 a month ago. As I recall, Alaska has no scope either. Sadly.
I meant AA scope
Someone did do the head count though and apparently with the 2020 mainline narrow body count all those 175/900/700 just barely fit, but that's probably the last big RJ order for a while for AA

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
I meant AA scope
Someone did do the head count though and apparently with the 2020 mainline narrow body count all those 175/900/700 just barely fit, but that's probably the last big RJ order for a while for AA
Yeah, I doubt I'll ever see OO fly a 175 under AA colors. Can't they cut some 200's out and replace them and still be within scope? That's what I figured happened when they announced DFW 25 AA 700's but maybe some other shifting at other airlines happened.

swakid8

I meant AA scope
The CR7s are being reconfigured for 65 seats and less which is Opening room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
I meant AA scope
There will likely be another order for roughly 15 more CRJ900s for PSA at some point to replace the remaining 15 CRJ200s we will have. That won’t come until 2021 though as the 200s are needed for DCA ops until then.

bimmerphile

SuperCritical™ Member
There will likely be another order for roughly 15 more CRJ900s for PSA at some point to replace the remaining 15 CRJ200s we will have. That won’t come until 2021 though as the 200s are needed for DCA ops until then.
why can't the 900 do DCA? gate space?

SquatThrust

Are your 50 seaters going away? I'm at PDT and have heard a few people say this. Been seeing fewer cr2s in CLT, lately.

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
Are your 50 seaters going away? I'm at PDT and have heard a few people say this. Been seeing fewer cr2s in CLT, lately.
Yes they sure are. They announced that beginning in 2019 we are swapping out 15 CRJ200s for new CRJ900s. We will likely fly the remaining 15-17 CRJ200s in DCA until the terminal expansion is complete there and then we will begin retiring or more likely swapping them for more 900s at that time.

Our daily departures in CLT are going to continue to decrease and we are growing DCA quite a bit. It is my understanding that Piedmont is supposed to pick up a lot of that 50-sweat flying in CLT.

SquatThrust

Yes they sure are. They announced that beginning in 2019 we are swapping out 15 CRJ200s for new CRJ900s. We will likely fly the remaining 15-17 CRJ200s in DCA until the terminal expansion is complete there and then we will begin retiring or more likely swapping them for more 900s at that time.

Our daily departures in CLT are going to continue to decrease and we are growing DCA quite a bit. It is my understanding that Piedmont is supposed to pick up a lot of that 50-sweat flying in CLT.
That's interesting. I'm sure you guys won't mind not flying the 200 as much. Anyways, hopefully we can continue to improve staffing levels here, otherwise AA and PDT might find themselves in a pickle as they shuffle these planes around.

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
When did they say it was a 1-1 ratio of swaps? Pretty sure the amount of 200s leaving the property is still unknown.