Regional airlines new TAs rumor mill

JDean3204

Hopefully it will be a no vote. I don’t know any current Expressjet guys but know a lot of Ex-Expressjet guys so no idea on what the pilot group thinks about it. Anyone here working there care to chime in?? To me it seems similar to Skywest’s money shifting proposal was complete with charts that count bonuses as a hard pay. All still falls short of Endeavor and Republic pay, they’re not understanding this game of leapfrog we’re playing.

I can see it passing though, especially since SkyWest voted no and it’s been crickets since.

Last edited:

chrisreedrules

Master Blaster
Hopefully it will be a no vote. I don’t know any current Expressjet guys but know a lot of Ex-Expressjet guys so no idea on what the pilot group thinks about it. Anyone here working there care to chime in?? To me it seems similar to Skywest’s money shifting proposal was complete with charts that count bonuses as a hard pay. All still falls short of Endeavor and Republic pay, they’re not understanding this game of leapfrog we’re playing.

I can see it passing though, especially since SkyWest voted no and it’s been crickets since.
Playing leapfrog (pattern bargaining) is largely dependent on not needing a lifeline. XJT is in a completely different position than SkyWest or both RAH and 9E.

They have a ton of lifers who are probably going to be thrilled just to know there is a possibility they may be able to finish riding it out instead of out on the street looking for a new job with less than 10 years to go until retirement.

While not a great TA in my opinion, it isn’t concessionairy. There are still some industry-leading provisions in their contract. As an outsider I’m not going to say that I didn’t wish it was better. But I also recognize that I’m not at XJT and I’m not in their shoes. They should vote for what they think is best from them.

Screaming_Emu

Dogsheep
Playing leapfrog (pattern bargaining) is largely dependent on not needing a lifeline. XJT is in a completely different position than SkyWest or both RAH and 9E.

They have a ton of lifers who are probably going to be thrilled just to know there is a possibility they may be able to finish riding it out instead of out on the street looking for a new job with less than 10 years to go until retirement.

While not a great TA in my opinion, it isn’t concessionairy. There are still some industry-leading provisions in their contract. As an outsider I’m not going to say that I didn’t wish it was better. But I also recognize that I’m not at XJT and I’m not in their shoes. They should vote for what they think is best from them.
They don't have "a ton" of anybody left.

I'm glad they got a new contract, but anyone who is working there and thinks they'll be around in the next two years, let alone ten is delusional.

Zidac

They don't have "a ton" of anybody left.

I'm glad they got a new contract, but anyone who is working there and thinks they'll be around in the next two years, let alone ten is delusional.
No... not delusional at all when the contract ratification contingencies are considered.

(E175 deliveries and a buyout from SkyWest)

Zidac

I hope I'm wrong, but you gotta get butts in seats for more airplanes and from what I've read of this TA there won't be people lining up out the door.
Staffing the E175s will be a priority over the 145 fleet at first.

I agree that the TA alone won't be enough, but that's not the intention. It's only the first step of the changes happening at XJT.

The new hire bonus under this contract can be as high as $40,000. That, with the likelihood of upgrades under 2 years, and an enhanced CPP or even possible flow to United would be enough to attract pilots to XJT again.

word302

I agree that the TA alone won't be enough, but that's not the intention. It's only the first step of the changes happening at XJT.

The new hire bonus under this contract can be as high as $40,000. That, with the likelihood of upgrades under 2 years, and an enhanced CPP or even possible flow to United would be enough to attract pilots to XJT again.

And they give it up for peanuts.

broncoav8r

Can't wait for UAL/DL to announce flow. About the only way AAWO will get a substantial pay bump
You will be waiting a REALLY long time then. Hell basically will have to freeze over before one of those carriers even mentions the “f” word