Regional airlines new TAs rumor mill

BigZ

Not good enough reason? Isn't the whole point of working at a regional to gain experience and move up and get out quickly. Not to get comfortable.
That was in response to the quoted post
Keeping DECs bonus hush hush to not upset own guys that are getting displaced into the CA seats without any bonuses isn't good enough of a reason to keep it hush.
Envoy has been displacing qualifying FOs into the left seat for a year now. Last November they opened up a 45k bonus for the, essentially, direct entry captains. Since Piedmont started their DECs 44k bonus (and PHL 145 CA instead of the LGA 145 CA), Envoy's page advertises 45k for "near entry captains" with 500hrs 121/135 jet pic time...
Meanwhile guys who got on prior to the bonuses and are upgrading now are getting straight 69/hr or whatever it is. Thence my reply

That was in response to the quoted post
Keeping DECs bonus hush hush to not upset own guys that are getting displaced into the CA seats without any bonuses isn't good enough of a reason to keep it hush.
Envoy has been displacing qualifying FOs into the left seat for a year now. Last November they opened up a 45k bonus for the, essentially, direct entry captains. Since Piedmont started their DECs 44k bonus (and PHL 145 CA instead of the LGA 145 CA), Envoy's page advertises 45k for "near entry captains" with 500hrs 121/135 jet pic time...
Meanwhile guys who got on prior to the bonuses and are upgrading now are getting straight 69/hr or whatever it is. Thence my reply
So I did find out that the transfer of Envoy’s 700s to PSA will halt sometime in 2019 (I’m assuming coinciding with the influx of new 900s) and will supposedly continue sometime in 2020. That’s so far out though I think anything could happen.

BigZ

So I did find out that the transfer of Envoy’s 700s to PSA will halt sometime in 2019 (I’m assuming coinciding with the influx of new 900s) and will supposedly continue sometime in 2020. That’s so far out though I think anything could happen.
Sounds about right
We've got half of the crj CA list flowing next 6 months, will be interesting. As of now it takes about 10 years to hold a line on it as a CA

Sounds about right
We've got half of the crj CA list flowing next 6 months, will be interesting. As of now it takes about 10 years to hold a line on it as a CA
Yea I’m not sure what’s going to happen to be honest. I don’t think it makes much sense (from a management perspective) to keep such a small fleet of aircraft at a company flying primarily other aircraft. I don’t know what AAG is going to do but some of their “vision” with their WO regional feed has certainly seemed a little less clear. Personally I think the flying will still keep coming back to the WOs over the next few years. I think the Compass AA 175s will go to Envoy and looking far out on the horizon Mesa could possibly have some of their CRJ900 flying pulled if they can’t staff it. I honestly have no clue what their plan for Piedmont is... But who knows!?

BigZ

Yea I’m not sure what’s going to happen to be honest. I don’t think it makes much sense (from a management perspective) to keep such a small fleet of aircraft at a company flying primarily other aircraft. I don’t know what AAG is going to do but some of their “vision” with their WO regional feed has certainly seemed a little less clear. Personally I think the flying will still keep coming back to the WOs over the next few years. I think the Compass AA 175s will go to Envoy and looking far out on the horizon Mesa could possibly have some of their CRJ900 flying pulled if they can’t staff it. I honestly have no clue what their plan for Piedmont is... But who knows!?
"Widebodies" going away, "shinies" coming onboard - as long as the total number of "heavies" looks good on the paper and is growing - all is good.
We're supposed to go from 44/18 175/crj in aug 18 to 69/7 in december 19. Few 145s will go away and 140 remain constant.
That's not touching the Compass 175s.

Last edited:

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
Update on AWAC's TA, 183-180 NO Vote with something like 85% participating according to the angry pilots collective.
Wow. Wow, another threaded needle. I didn't think you could thread a needle, you either get 60% or 40% and i think this is the second time ive seen anything in the 50-50 +-3 split range.

mshunter

All 3 AA WOs have been in talks/negotiations with their respective managements. That is not to say that they are necessarily talking about new pay rates specifically (although I’m sure it is on the table). The thing to remember with the AA WOs is that any talks with their regional management is basically like you asking your parent for something and then they go and ask the other parent to make sure you can have it. Everything goes through the AAG overlords and I have heard rumors that things were actually discussed and agreed upon but that AA has basically either met the requests with silence or a flat out, “no”. The market will push increased pay at the WOs. Especially as hiring DECs becomes an increasing necessity.
They don't want lifer captains hanging out at the top of the pay scale. AAG Regionals will always have low captains pay for that reason.

As I said back in May. AAG Regionals will also have low pay because of the flow. Parker bought into the flow as a cost control measure. If other regionals get significant gains Parker will simply point to the flow and say, these other regionals don't have a flow program, it's worth a whole lot. So I don't have to match their pay.

As I said back in May. AAG Regionals will also have low pay because of the flow. Parker bought into the flow as a cost control measure. If other regionals get significant gains Parker will simply point to the flow and say, these other regionals don't have a flow program, it's worth a whole lot. So I don't have to match their pay.
That works until classes go unfilled and performance begins to suffer to a point where it makes financial sense to raise pay.

BigZ

That works until classes go unfilled and performance begins to suffer to a point where it makes financial sense to raise pay.
Was talking to a friend today, she starts class on monday. You guys don't have AQP yet? Stipend/allowance instead of 4 nights of commuter hotels a month?

Was talking to a friend today, she starts class on monday. You guys don't have AQP yet? Stipend/allowance instead of 4 nights of commuter hotels a month?
New hire training is AQP now (to my knowledge?). And yes, we get $250 /month for hotels. Which is great if you’re based in an outstation or even CLT. Not so great if like myself, you’re DCA based. $250 doesn’t go very far in DCA.

BigZ

New hire training is AQP now (to my knowledge?). And yes, we get $250 /month for hotels. Which is great if you’re based in an outstation or even CLT. Not so great if like myself, you’re DCA based. $250 doesn’t go very far in DCA.
She'll be shooting for PHL eventually due to having family there. Had my referral for our company and was planning to get to 145 in MIA, but apparently we don't even interview street FOs at this time. Oh well, CRJ is a neat airplane.

swakid8

New Hire class isn't AQP yet. They had a trial group start early March and they should be finishing up IOE right about this time right now. Guys that didn't make through AQP will get to go through normal non-AQP training without a black mark on their record.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk