Regional airlines new TAs rumor mill

poser765

Yeah but you've got to remember the context for which those airplanes showed up.

Envoy had turned down what? 3 TA's from AMR? They started shipping airplanes slated for Envoy to other airlines as leverage against Envoy. Like it or not, Compass was use against the Envoy pilot group in the same way that PSA was, but for some reason never took the internet backlash for doing so.

I will be shocked if those aircraft are renewed and kept at Compass. They were a temporary placement used to bust the union at Envoy, and it worked.
Oh, I remember. I'd be shocked, as well, if we keep those airplanes. My subtle point was, this article is not the foreshadowing of CP doom some want to think it is.

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Honestly I think it will take a long time for AA to staff the west coast with their WO fleet (assuming that is their plan). The airlines flying AA stuff out there still have time. CP is probably the first to go however.

BigZ

Envoy got a couple of changes

Bumped the flow to 29/mo + 22 more to compensate for the metering to 25 that was happening last few months (protected pilots only. So like minus 3-4 months to flow for the rest of us)

LGA people gonna get 3mo of A12 passes to/from work and unlimited commuter hotels

CA pay starts at bid award vs checkride, so 3-4 months of higher pay

This offer is Parker’s bet. AA is the only legacy with a flow. Up the flow numbers but under bid the pay. The flow is the main sales tool, and pilot bait. Parker is hoping to not get drawn into a cash bidding war for pilots.

This offer is Parker’s bet. AA is the only legacy with a flow. Up the flow numbers but under bid the pay. The flow is the main sales tool, and pilot bait. Parker is hoping to not get drawn into a cash bidding war for pilots.
It seems to be sort of working for now. Classes have remained mostly full. The real key will be attrition. Attrition is already picking up at PSA (and I assume all of the WOs). That combined with not filling classes as other regionals offer better in the coming months will hopefully spur on wage and contractual improvements at the WOs. For the immediate future I don’t see things changing too much.

BigZ

M&H uniform ordering website is up for the AA and WO
AA and MQ use employee id, Piedmont and PSA your badge numbers (EE, JS? Something like that) for login/pass.
Company issued stuff is close to 1k per pilot, there goes our pay negotiations :rolleyes::sarcasm:

Beep

M&H uniform ordering website is up for the AA and WO
AA and MQ use employee id, Piedmont and PSA your badge numbers (EE, JS? Something like that) for login/pass.
Company issued stuff is close to 1k per pilot, there goes our pay negotiations :rolleyes::sarcasm:
I haven’t checked the site yet. Do we still have the manternity pants option?

BigZ

I haven’t checked the site yet. Do we still have the manternity pants option?
Beats me. Stuff in the pictures looks just like the TH stuff. Minus the tapered options.
PS Huge horrid departure from the TH uniform is the center vent on the jacket, vs double in the previous one. Not sure how to make peace with that.

Last edited:

BigZ

@chrisreedrules
Any news on your side on what's happening to the CRJ transfers?
We haven't hired any FOs since February or so and displaced half a dozen of freshly trainer CAs to 145 just a month ago, but as of now the next bid has 24 CRJ CA slots, training department was told 4-6 FOs a month come July and supposedly hired three new instructors.
Love the plane, would prefer to either get displaced off of it or have a bunch of guys hired for the QoL though

SrFnFly227

Any word on PSA offering a bonus to new hires who are qualified for a Captain spot? It is definitely in the works, but I haven’t seen any specifics.

@chrisreedrules
Any news on your side on what's happening to the CRJ transfers?
We haven't hired any FOs since February or so and displaced half a dozen of freshly trainer CAs to 145 just a month ago, but as of now the next bid has 24 CRJ CA slots, training department was told 4-6 FOs a month come July and supposedly hired three new instructors.
Love the plane, would prefer to either get displaced off of it or have a bunch of guys hired for the QoL though
To be honest I haven’t kept up with it since they announced the additional 900s as replacements for the 200s. As far as I know, AAG is supposed to be continuing the transfer of 700s through the remainder of 2018 and early 2019 at a rate of 1 /month until next spring/summer when they start delivering 900s. I’m not 100% sure on the plan as far as if the 900s are going to be a 1-for-1 swap thing or what so I’m not 100% sure. But I think our leadership also said that they would attempt to accept 2 aircraft /month for at least a portion of next year. So I suppose that could mean that the transfers will continue? @TallFlyer may know a bit more about this than myself...

Any word on PSA offering a bonus to new hires who are qualified for a Captain spot? It is definitely in the works, but I haven’t seen any specifics.
I do believe they are offering a bonus, although I’m not 100% sure if it is the same as Envoy and Piedmont or not. They have been keeping the fact that we are actively hiring DECs quiet for the most part for whatever reason...

BigZ

To be honest I haven’t kept up with it since they announced the additional 900s as replacements for the 200s. As far as I know, AAG is supposed to be continuing the transfer of 700s through the remainder of 2018 and early 2019 at a rate of 1 /month until next spring/summer when they start delivering 900s. I’m not 100% sure on the plan as far as if the 900s are going to be a 1-for-1 swap thing or what so I’m not 100% sure. But I think our leadership also said that they would attempt to accept 2 aircraft /month for at least a portion of next year. So I suppose that could mean that the transfers will continue? @TallFlyer may know a bit more about this than myself...
Well, its official, we're keeping the CRJ700s through the end of 2019. Eight or nine more go to you and the rest are sticking around.