Regional airlines new TAs rumor mill

tcco94

Professional GTA V Pilot
As long as they can continue to hire I doubt that we will see much of an improvement in pay or QOL. I keep hearing this line that the company wants to retain senior guys, but I don't think they want to pay them three times the hourly rate of a new hire FO.

I'm not sure where all the new hires are coming from. I do know that there is a decline in both quality and quantity of applicant.
Last year there was a rumor that we hired a guy who got all his flight time in a hot air ballon. Regionals have mined out most of the talent from 141 and 91 flight schools. Now they are focused on hiring pilots from other regionals. I wonder how long until that stream of applicants runs out, and then what? Oh wait I know what, cheap pilots from another country, who are happy to work for 20k a year. Are some regionals are already doing this with some sort of visa program?
No 1st year regional pilot is making 20k a year no matter what airline you go to....

Rodger Wilco

No 1st year regional pilot is making 20k a year no matter what airline you go to....
I know that! It was 20k when I started not too long ago! Now it is closer to 50k. All the more reason for foreigners to come work here for awhile. I don't know that it is actually happening. Could be.

Well Envoy pilots been saying CP's planes are coming to them since 200nn showed up in LA. Also been saying lax is re-opening for them since it closed.
Here is the way I’d see things playing out over the next few years...

American Eagle is:
Envoy
PSA
Piedmont
Republic
SkyWest

Delta Regionals:
Endeavor
Republic
SkyWest

United Regionals:
CommutAir
Air Wisconsin
Republic
SkyWest
Mesa?

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
From my understanding the company decided that they wanted to put a hold on the reserve discussion for the time being. There may be some other things out soon worth keeping your eye on though ;)
Honestly management shouldn't have an option since the LOA had them on a set timetable.

Reserve is one of the biggest problems at this company and should be addressed first. Per the union 25% of the pilot group is currently on reserve. Some internal changes are helping but they were only changed because they were operating in an ass backwards fashion. From what I am told KS is leading the charge on fixing the stupid which is great.

The biggest thing I hate here is that they literally say nothing about negotiations. They don't give updates about anything. Even small MOUs stay hush till the last minute. I don't expect specifics as that is what an NDA is designed to protect but I do want to know what my union leadership is doing.

I hear more from management than I do the Union.

Last edited:

Maurus

The Great Gazoo
Here is the way I’d see things playing out over the next few years...

American Eagle is:
Envoy
PSA
Piedmont
Republic
SkyWest

Delta Regionals:
Endeavor
Republic
SkyWest

United Regionals:
CommutAir
Air Wisconsin
Republic
SkyWest
Mesa?
XJT is signed on for another 5 years I believe. They may take AWACS slot as the -200s time out in their fleet.

Honestly management shouldn't have an option since the LOA had them on a set timetable.

Reserve is one of the biggest problems at this company and should be addressed first. Per the union 25% of the pilot group is currently on reserve. Some internal changes are helping but they were only changed because they were operating in an ass backwards fashion. From what I am told KS is leading the charge on fixing the stupid which is great.

The biggest thing I hate here is that they literally say nothing about negotiations. They don't give updates about anything. Even small MOUs stay hush till the last minute. I don't expect specifics as that is what an NDA is designed to protect but I do want to know what my union leadership is doing.

I hear more from management than I do the Union.
Feel free to PM me any time you like but I won’t discuss some things publicly...

jtrain609

I'm a carnal, organic anagram.
Well Envoy pilots been saying CP's planes are coming to them since 200nn showed up in LA. Also been saying lax is re-opening for them since it closed.
Yeah but you've got to remember the context for which those airplanes showed up.

Envoy had turned down what? 3 TA's from AMR? They started shipping airplanes slated for Envoy to other airlines as leverage against Envoy. Like it or not, Compass was use against the Envoy pilot group in the same way that PSA was, but for some reason never took the internet backlash for doing so.

I will be shocked if those aircraft are renewed and kept at Compass. They were a temporary placement used to bust the union at Envoy, and it worked.