Reexamination of Airmen Tested by Michael A. Puehler

Cherokee_Cruiser

Just enjoying the extended vacation with the family. Did MI, then PA, now back in MI tonight. Will make a solo trip to PA for a couple days again and then back to MI couple days and fly back to California about mid August. For now just enjoying family time with a minimal online presence. Did a couple firsts, including skeet and trap shooting with dad using his Beretta A303 shotgun. That was fun! Done a few barbecues, rented a pontoon boat on a lake, some hiking, and generally just enjoying family time and them enjoying the grandkids.

About 2 more weeks, I'll be back. Ya'll enjoy your summer and stay safe!

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
I'm hearing rumors that another examiner will be joining the ranks of Puehler, Kalashian, Simmons & Tobias, but haven't seen any official guidance from the FAA on this individual... yet.

The Puehler memo is dated July 2020 and addresses examinations from October 2008 through December 2019. That timeline makes me think there is about a 6 month delay before the memo is released.

For anyone that has experienced this, does that seem like the timeline you experienced? Feel free to PM if you'd rather not publicly discuss it.

fholbert

Mod's - Please don't edit my posts!
Did a couple firsts, including skeet and trap shooting with dad using his Beretta A303 shotgun.
There are two types of shotguns in my book. Over Under (breaking action) and unsafe.

Having to count how many shells you put into your gun then count again for how many you discharged shouldn’t be my job. Many times I’ve had to say “you have a live shell in your gun” of course the pump / simi owner has always said I was wrong. “Rack it.” I don’t remember ever being wrong.

Last edited:

milleR

There are two types of shotguns in my book. Over Under (breaking action) and unsafe.

Having to count how many shells you put into your gun then count again for how many you discharged shouldn’t be my job. Many times I’ve had to say “you have a live shell in your gun” of course the pump / simi owner has always said I was wrong. “Rack it.” I don’t remember ever being wrong.
That's a training failure. In 30 years of handling pump and autoloading shotguns I've never experienced this.