Reexamination of Airmen Tested by Michael A. Puehler

ppragman

FLIPY FLAPS!
Funny part is he was a ASI for the FAA from 2007-2019 after leaving the Assitant chief job at Sporty’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right!? It's negligence on the part of the FAA, if you did a flight review or passed a higher checkride, you should be off the hook here. The FAA can't keep their own ASIs from being incompetent, that's not the pilot's fault.

This could be career ending to a pilot. Utter, •.

///AMG

Right!? It's negligence on the part of the FAA, if you did a flight review or passed a higher checkride, you should be off the hook here. The FAA can't keep their own ASIs from being incompetent, that's not the pilot's fault.

This could be career ending to a pilot. Utter, •.
This is also true, presuming a bunch of pilots actually did real check rides with him as well (assuming internet rumor is true)

STS-41B

11 years worth of checkrides?? That’s got to be hundreds..
what if you did a checkride in ‘09.. 11 years later, you’re a A320 captain at XYZ airlines... you’ve got to rent a Warrior or whatever and relearn commercial maneuvers ???
sounds like a case of “we’re not happy till you’re not happy!”

FlyingAccountant

11 years worth of checkrides?? That’s got to be hundreds..
what if you did a checkride in ‘09.. 11 years later, you’re a A320 captain at XYZ airlines... you’ve got to rent a Warrior or whatever and relearn commercial maneuvers ???
sounds like a case of “we’re not happy till you’re not happy!”
Yeah, there should be some sort of carve out for those with significant professional experience.

STS-41B

Yeah, there should be some sort of carve out for those with significant professional experience.
I think most, in that situation (established airline captain) would say • off to anyone wanting him to re-take his commercial single engine after not having flown piston powered aircraft in 12 years ..

digduggy

I went through this about nine years ago with the guy that did my commercial multi. A friend of mine had also done all of his helicopter ratings with the same person.

I was allowed to use my ATP/Hawker type raid in lieu of a -709 ride. It would’ve really sucked to have a -709 right on my record because of this when I did a real check ride and someone had a hard on for the DPE. I will say that the POI that I worked with was really awesome and flexible and really did not want to give anyone a -709 ride so he was looking for excuses to pawn it off as I was able to do.

My buddy lost all of his helicopter ratings because he didn’t have the money to take the rides.

Space Monkey

How does it go on for 10 yrs...honestly...either you found ever shady pilot to go through you or it’s something else.
As is usual in this kind of situation...

What is Something Else for $20MM, Alex?

Other great Jeopardy questions for the aviation community to consider:

How does a 121 operator drive a perfectly good 767 into a bayou?

How does a Falcon go off the end of a runway with no qualified crew in the cockpit?

How does a major fractional operator hard-bounce a Latitude 4 times and end up in a fireball?

How does a 135 crew auger a perfectly good Lear into a parking lot at TEB?

HINT: It's the same answer to all questions.

In deference to COVID stress, I'll refrain from any sterile cockpit quips.

Last edited:

Space Monkey

I think most, in that situation (established airline captain) would say • off to anyone wanting him to re-take his commercial single engine after not having flown piston powered aircraft in 12 years ..
That might be true, but it should still happen. It would certainly be the most efficient way - and perhaps the only way - to make him prove his chops.

AFAIC, it might be a good idea to make all of us professional button pushers now and again prove we can actually fly aviation appliances.