Reexamination of Airmen Tested by Michael A. Puehler

TWP

Am I reading the chart correctly, people that now hold an ATP will still have to go back and prove they’re good on the commercial standards?

ahw01

If he examined you for ATP you'd need to retake the ATP ride period.

If he examined you for commercial, you'd need to retake the commercial ride period.

Reactions: TWP

TWP

If he examined you for ATP you'd need to retake the ATP ride period.

If he examined you for commercial, you'd need to retake the commercial ride period.

I suppose the guys who paid him for a certificate with no ride deserve it since they knew what they were doing but imagine having no clue about this drama and getting this notice. I would hope there are lawsuits incoming.

Autothrust Blue

“Bayonet!”
I suppose the guys who paid him for a certificate with no ride deserve it since they knew what they were doing but imagine having no clue about this drama and getting this notice. I would hope there are lawsuits incoming.
Is this what has been effectively alleged? I've only seen the FAA order which merely states, well, what's in the order.

thevideographer

Am I reading the chart correctly, people that now hold an ATP will still have to go back and prove they’re good on the commercial standards?
In category and class yeah. So if you got a comm single from him and then ATP multi, your ATP is still good but your comm single is invalid. That’s how I read it.

FlyingAccountant

Is this what has been effectively alleged? I've only seen the FAA order which merely states, well, what's in the order.
I spent an hour last night trying to Google what this guy did but couldn't find anything. I assume he was taking bribes, but that's speculation on my part since I couldn't find any confirmation.

I did notice that all of his personal licenses have been revoked per the airman database.

ahw01

In category and class yeah. So if you got a comm single from him and then ATP multi, your ATP is still good but your comm single is invalid. That’s how I read it.
Well you could accept a downgrade, or just validate your extant privileges - it's as if you never had a Comm cert. So therefore your ATP is invalid?

PS I don't have a downer on those made to spend $$ to correct it, It's a ballache. I just think the potential risk to safety depending on where those pilots are flying now is the interesting part. (Of course everyone will think they're great, but the standards are (were) the standards).

TWP

That’s just what I vaguely remember reading about this guy on the internet a little while ago(if it’s even the same guy, I think there was another thread on this site).It’s also what reddit is currently claiming. By no means an official narrative.

Richman

That's "Lord Garth" to you
Guy on another forum says he took a ride with the guy, but nothing was out of the ordinary.

Skåning

Why? These people are effectively unlicensed. Hence the 15 day window.

Same for medicals.

A scumbag doctor from Florida? Now I’ve seen everything
Oh we've been down this road :D

///AMG

If he was indeed taking payment for a no-flight, fake check ride, and sign off on a cert, I have no sympathy whatsoever for the applicants involved in that scheme. I'd submit that they should not be allowed a re-test, and instead have their "cert" revoked due to blatant lack of moral character.

Inverted25

I think this is pretty messed up to be honest, if you've been flying professionally or getting flight reviews this isn't on you, this is on the FAA not providing adequate oversight, which always seems to be the case with the DPE thing.
Funny part is he was a ASI for the FAA from 2007-2019 after leaving the Assitant chief job at Sporty’s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk