RDU Bound

Murdoughnut

Well sized member
After six years working in management at TPA, and 15 years living in St. Petersburg, I recently accepted a director level position with the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Moving up Sunday with family to follow in December. Honestly, living in NC has been a goal of our family for many years, and despite some close calls, we were never able to make it work. Seems that there was a bigger plan in place, and the retirement of the gentleman in my new role opened the door.

Looking forward to the move and living in the Triangle!

Finny

I'm kinda excited about them having Jason's Deli.

For the next few months I'll be commuting back and forth between TPA and RDU on 9E and WN - hope to run into some folks at some point.
If you need any help feel free to shoot me a message.

Flyinthrew

Congrats on the new jerb. Raleigh is on the short list of places we can tolerate living when we pull chocks from "Down East" NC in a few months. It's a good town.

zmiller4

After six years working in management at TPA, and 15 years living in St. Petersburg, I recently accepted a director level position with the Raleigh-Durham International Airport. Moving up Sunday with family to follow in December. Honestly, living in NC has been a goal of our family for many years, and despite some close calls, we were never able to make it work. Seems that there was a bigger plan in place, and the retirement of the gentleman in my new role opened the door.

Looking forward to the move and living in the Triangle!
I don’t know how I missed this but congratulations!

I know it’s changed a lot since I moved 6yrs ago but I still miss it.

Raleigh has a great greenway system, and Umstead state park is awesome.

Congrats!

We are also working on relocating out there, but out west in the Bryson City area.
Living near Bryson City would be incredible. I don’t know if you’re looking to build out there but if you’re looking for land and willing to drive a bit, there’s some really good deals up in the mountains west of the Nantahala.

Screaming_Emu

Dogsheep
Living near Bryson City would be incredible. I don’t know if you’re looking to build out there but if you’re looking for land and willing to drive a bit, there’s some really good deals up in the mountains west of the Nantahala.
Right now we are looking down around Bryson City/Sylva/Franklin. There are definitely some good deals out there, but a lot of them are out where there isn't really a whole lot to do. We like living in the boonies, but this time we're at least trying for something that's civilization adjacent.

zmiller4

Right now we are looking down around Bryson City/Sylva/Franklin. There are definitely some good deals out there, but a lot of them are out where there isn't really a whole lot to do. We like living in the boonies, but this time we're at least trying for something that's civilization adjacent.
Understood...if you aren’t looking for serious remote living (and have to commute out of AVL), I’d also recommend looking down near Brevard/Pisgah Forest. It’s only like 45mins from KAVL. And just as awesome as the Bryson City side of the Pisgah crest.