Radio comms argument

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
Elitism in 121. :D

Regional, mainline. Your jobs are equally boring for the most part. Some interesting places to operate out of and depart/approach into. But otherwise, nothing exceptionally interesting.

You all do the same physical job being pax haulers....getting pax from A to B. Whether to IAD or IGM.

I love how it was all good when all the blame was placed on RJ's way back on page 6. You guys had no problems with that. But as soon as it's suggested that almighty mainline/legacy are the culprits too, all of a sudden you guys spring into action. Deflection. Denial. Justifications.

@Acrofox is very much correct about the mainline elitism on this board as of late.
MSP ground the other day:
"Spiritwings 609 taxi."
"Spiritwings 609, runway 17, Q, M, cross four, hold shorta' 12R."
-readback-
"Spiritwings 609, I need you on Q, the inner, please."
"Ah yes, we see that now, jogging back over."
-other aircraft: "READ YOUR CHART, SPIRIT WINGS"
-another aircraft: "Oh, go back to Atlanta."

As an aside, some of those mainline guys aren’t based in ORD and maybe they haven’t been there in a while. You might have the taxiways memorized but not everyone is based there. Idk. My main point would be this: FOLLOW THE AIRCRAFT IN FRONT OF YOU. DO NOT STOP. DO NOT CROSS ANY RUNWAYS YOU ARE NOT CLEARED TO CROSS.
Fixed ;)

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
I love how it was all good when all the blame was placed on RJ's way back on page 6. You guys had no problems with that. But as soon as it's suggested that almighty mainline/legacy are the culprits too, all of a sudden you guys spring into action. Deflection. Denial. Justifications.

@Acrofox is very much correct about the mainline elitism on this board as of late.
Wow. I know Acrofox has a chip on the shoulder, but you must look like Atlas, struggling with yours.

BTW, thanks for the dumb ass assumptions you made. I never said regional pilots are to blame. I was just giving my observations, gathered over 20 years or more, that it doesn’t matter who you fly for, that people unfamiliar with local ops, are going to have a hard time.

bLizZuE

Fly airplanes, drink beer, never at the same time.
Wow. I know Acrofox has a chip on the shoulder, but you must look like Atlas, struggling with yours.

BTW, thanks for the dumb ass assumptions you made. I never said regional pilots are to blame. I was just giving my observations, gathered over 20 years or more, that it doesn’t matter who you fly for, that people unfamiliar with local ops, are going to have a hard time.
You don’t do five legs a day so you’re stupid.

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
You don’t do five legs a day so you’re stupid.
Joke’s on him. 5 leg days are the norm on the mad dog now. 23 years ago I started on the E120, five leg days to CHA, GSO, GSP, ILM, FAY, GPT, EVV, ROA, TLH, ECP, VPS, RIC. I’m still doing it, with min layovers. Pays more and the hotels are nicer, so I got that going for me.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.

NovemberEcho

Dergs favorite member
Joke’s on him. 5 leg days are the norm on the mad dog now. 23 years ago I started on the E120, five leg days to CHA, GSO, GSP, ILM, FAY, GPT, EVV, ROA, TLH, ECP, VPS, RIC. I’m still doing it, with min layovers. Pays more and the hotels are nicer, so I got that going for me.

The more things change, the more they stay the same.
When and what did you used to fly into ECP? I was Tyndall Approach in the AF

Cptnchia

Dissatisfied Customer
You can say her. Chip on her shoulder. It's ok.

And I did not start with a grudge; if there's one there, it was built over time.

I try to keep myself balanced.

-Fox
My apologies. Didn’t want to assume or assign.

Don’t build a grudge. I flew for a regional for almost six years. Its hard, but believe me, regional guys have it so much better than 20 years ago.

MikeFavinger

Hubschrauber Flieger
Elitism in 121. :D

Regional, mainline. Your jobs are equally boring for the most part. Some interesting places to operate out of and depart/approach into. But otherwise, nothing exceptionally interesting.

You all do the same physical job being pax haulers....getting pax from A to B. Whether to IAD or IGM.
All true. But it’s so awesome. Brother, you need to hang up the GS and the O-5 like I did and come on over.

There is no us vesus them by the way. If I said “all RJ pilots are just kids with no experience” I would be crucified. But it’s somehow elitist of me to take issue with someone saying “it’s just the mainline old farts mucking up the radio.” Everyone makes mistakes. Everywhere.

As an aside, some of those mainline guys aren’t based in ORD and maybe they haven’t been there in a while. You might have the taxiways memorized but not everyone is based there. Idk. My main point would be this: relax.

-Not too far gone five leg RJ guy

You both are continuing to proving my point, lol.

Way back on page 6 someone suggested that the problems were "anywhere there's a bunch of RJ's."

You guys were perfectly content to accept that explanation and continue the conversation. I didn't see any "well some of those RJ guys aren't based there..." or "it doesn't matter who you fly for, people unfamiliar with local ops are going to have a hard time."

But the SECOND someone suggests that mainline pilots make a lot of radio errors too, here you guys come to deflect and rationalize. NOW all of a sudden it's "well they aren't all based there." NOW all of a sudden "people unfamiliar will have a hard time."

You both are absolutely correct...people who don't fly into certain airports much may make errors. Never in this thread have I suggested otherwise. But it's funny how none of you had a problem with just blaming the RJ's. It wasn't until the suggestion that mainline/legacy pilots aren't perfect either that the pitchforks came out.

mikecweb

Third Generation Arizonan
You both are continuing to proving my point, lol.

Way back on page 6 someone suggested that the problems were "anywhere there's a bunch of RJ's."

You guys were perfectly content to accept that explanation and continue the conversation. I didn't see any "well some of those RJ guys aren't based there..." or "it doesn't matter who you fly for, people unfamiliar with local ops are going to have a hard time."

But the SECOND someone suggests that mainline pilots make a lot of radio errors too, here you guys come to deflect and rationalize. NOW all of a sudden it's "well they aren't all based there." NOW all of a sudden "people unfamiliar will have a hard time."

You both are absolutely correct...people who don't fly into certain airports much may make errors. Never in this thread have I suggested otherwise. But it's funny how none of you had a problem with just blaming the RJ's. It wasn't until the suggestion that mainline/legacy pilots aren't perfect either that the pitchforks came out.
Meh, I think you're taking it alittle too seriously. It's the internet, same team.