Radio comms argument

n156499000

Titanius Anglesmith
There’s an asshat out there that had a short stint at Republic and claimed he “flew the Embraer for American.”
I’ve heard Compass call in on CTAF as “Delta Embraer”. Not Delta Connection, not Delta colors, just Delta Embraer. Would have laughed at him on the radio except it was night and right at ILS mins.

Yakob

Grand Prognosticator Nominee
I’ve heard Compass call in on CTAF as “Delta Embraer”. Not Delta Connection, not Delta colors, just Delta Embraer. Would have laughed at him on the radio except it was night and right at ILS mins.
Honestly this seems like the one situation in which saying that would be acceptable. Since it's a CTAF, it seems important to both be concise and describe what other traffic would see, in this case an Embraer in Delta colors.

Last edited:

CFI A&P

Exploring the world one toilet at a time.
Honestly this seems like the one situation in which saying that would be acceptable. Since it's a CTAF, it seems important to both be concise and describe what other traffic would see, in this case an Embraer in Delta colors.
That would be the way to do it. Color & type on the VOR/LOC/ILS/NDB/BC/RNAV/MLS/ four course range... inbound is more helpful than “Expensive Jet 6969 at BLANK inbound”.

Sent from my Startac using Tapatalk.

LyteChop

Yeah, since the Cessna on downwind can see the little "Connection" and "Operated by Compass" titles on the plane. Get a grip dude, traffic sees a plane with a widget on the tail.

jynxyjoe

The Kickin' Chicken!
I go one step further and say "big time pilot coming, stand aside i take very large steps. I have a wheel barrow in the back to carry my balls around and i like my coffee from on my onboard coffee maker in one of those real mugs even though they don't fit in the cup holder because I like the feel in my hands and I make the auto and FO fly/land every leg,... Turning base for runway one-one...*key mike obnoxiously long*.

Click lights seven times even though it's daytime because I read once in AOPA it's a good idea.

milleR

Funny, it's the non-airline guys who seem to be the problem to me. Call 20 miles out. Nobody says anything. Call 10 miles out. Nobody says anything. Call 5 miles out. Nobody says anything. Call joining the pattern, suddenly some a-hole private pilot finally decides to announce to the world that he's in about the same spot you are. :bang:
That exact thing happened to me yesterday. They then turned a full stop into a touch and go followed by departing the pattern in the wrong direction (left crosswind from a right hand pattern for noise abatement). All with a November ID instead of an airframe. Idiots.