PSA pilot indicted for 2015 triple murder

Autothrust Blue

"Duuuuuude."
You can get hired by an airline with a dishonorable discharge?
Not unlike one of the shrinks at Maryk's court-martial in The Caine Mutiny opined, that applicant is obviously not very desirable, but it's a function of your level of pilot procurement.

(I am actually curious about the previous criminal record, though I suppose none of what he was convicted of in the military is actually disqualifying under the TSA CHRC regulations.)

sigh

ChasenSFO

hen teaser
So pilots kill people. Dispatchers do. Cops do (as murder). Dentists do. Teachers do.

People do, across professions and, frankly, whether they work or not.

Not sure how it’s noteworthy that a “pilot” did so, when so many are in the pool.
Well, I mean, he was arrested in Uniform. At the airport. At work.

That, and pilots are generally expected to be of high moral caliber and to be level-headed. So finding out a guy hiding a dirty little secret like that just flew your grandma in from Charlotte is noteworthy to many I'm sure.

Bob Ridpath

Pit Bull love
Well, I mean, he was arrested in Uniform. At the airport. At work.

That, and pilots are generally expected to be of high moral caliber and to be level-headed. So finding out a guy hiding a dirty little secret like that just flew your grandma in from Charlotte is noteworthy to many I'm sure.
I mean no disrespect to the profession, which I hope you all know.

I could find stories for you where ministers committed murder. Professors or teachers? Our moral compass defines us, not the work we do.

People are people, without regard to profession, in my opinion. All of us can excel, all of us fail in different ways, sometimes tragically.

CUTigerPilot

RJ Scum
I mean no disrespect to the profession, which I hope you all know.

I could find stories for you where ministers committed murder. Professors or teachers? Our moral compass defines us, not the work we do.

People are people, without regard to profession, in my opinion. All of us can excel, all of us fail in different ways, sometimes tragically.
Yeah but this is a pilot forum. I don’t think anyone is necessarily “surprised” that it could happen. It’s just a shame that it did, for many reasons. We certainly don’t need the flying public afraid of their pilots.

Boris Badenov

He comes to save the day in a broken truck.
We may have to stop calling it "The Ville" and start using "The Stan".

That said, Florida, "Kentucky Man" still isn't a Thing. But number two tries harder, dagnabbit!

THAT said, this dude almost certainly isn't a true son of the Commonwealth, probably grew up in New York or California or...Florida! Yeah, Florida! It's a false flag!