PSA hiring, again.

CrippleHawk

What's with PSA's dispatch coordinators, well a specific one anyhow? Dealt with this individual on a few occasions. Not only is this person rude an unprofessional, they are so frustrating. Crew comes in on different a/c, switches to new a/c at 2000 for an ETD of 2010 by dispatch (normal departure is 2000), a/c departs at 2017 (great work by crew) and yet are given 17 minute delay to code. Coordinator confirms that ETD was 2010 and it was out at 2017 yet says 17 minutes need to be coded by the station, even agreeing that it wasn't really 17 minutes. This specific person is claiming they cannot adjust for CRJ2, even when clearly it should be. How is this even possible? Not to knock all PSA dispatchers, but this place as a whole is a real pain to work with. I feel for the dispatchers who have coordinators like that and are set up to fail so often by what appears to be poor management and communication.
Does this coordinator fly a particular Biplane by any chance?

Luigi

Congratulations ladies and gentlemen, two more comments away from an all time top 5 thread.

"It's the thread that never dies, Yes it goes on and on and on!"
Well, we could all start bickering and arguing, then start taking bets on how long it will take for @Derg to shut the thread down.

My guess, page 15, any takers?

Burrito

I'll ask the stupid questions
Depends on who tries derailing the thread, and when.

Getting back on topic, is PSA the only regional looking to hire? Grass hasn't looked green in a while, and the water up here isn't wet so much as it is frozen, so I can't answer my own (stupid) question with another (stupid) question.

A-9er

TaxiBack

Plane planes planes
Oh heeelllloo! did someone ask for a derailment? Where and how to begin....??
I just talked to my guy on the inside tonight....he says at least 12 dxers have come and gone since June16. That's out of 27-28-ish.
So your seniority number is gonna skyyy-rocket! There are at least 8 rock solid lifers...so do the mathamaticals.....

CPZ9900

Since I'll be a ROOKIE when I get my license in late May, I WILL include PSA on my list. It's not like I have experience elsewhere; I need to get the first job, since that's the hardest one to get...
It'll help you get on at another regional, maybe. At your own risk. But hey, maybe you can take a ride in the Waco.

A-9er

Depends on who tries derailing the thread, and when.

Getting back on topic, is PSA the only regional looking to hire? Grass hasn't looked green in a while, and the water up here isn't wet so much as it is frozen, so I can't answer my own (stupid) question with another (stupid) question.
TSA & GoJet have posts up; the TSA one has been there a while now. Skywest is hiring also. That said, judged by postings, no one hires as much as PSA.

A-9er

The worse thing for me about PSA was the location..
The idea of being in the Dayton, OH area doesn't bother me. The climate there wouldn't be that much different than it is where I am presently.

What WOULD bother me is being stuck somewhere up north, e.g. WI, MN, or AK; now THAT would suck! For example, in the MSP area, the availability of electrical outlets at your parking space is considered an amenity in apartment complexes. Why? So you can plug in your car's engine block heater. Yes, it gets THAT COLD in MSP! My brother used to live there, and he told me all about this...